Leaving The Market!

"...So what you're saying is, your curse was fixed?" Morton asked, seemingly skeptical.

"That is... exactly what I just told you." Eda said, deadpan.

"Oh, sorry," Morton sheepishly replied. "But how? Why?"

"Luz made a deal with a demon." Eda said, trying to sound nonchalant to contrast against her moderate worry on the inside.

"Luz? You mean, that human you took in? She made a deal w-with a demon?!" Morton's eyes widened. "Oh no, this is bad! What if the demon uses her for something evil?!"

Eda put her hands behind her back but said nothing, not really able to do anything.

Morton thought for a little before beckoning for Eda to come closer. "You know... I wouldn't suggest this to just anyone, but a curse-removing analeptic might be sold later this evening..." 

"In the night market?" Eda asked.

"Go to 'Monoplegic Paramedics' and ask for 'the warlock's dowel'. They might have what you need." Morton said, seriously. "But you didn't hear this from me."

"Hear what from you?" Eda winked and pretended to zip her mouth shut. Morton nodded and went back to organizing potions in his stand.

Eda sighed, relieved that Luz won't have to deal with the consequences of her actions, before she saw Luz run up to her. "Eda!" 

Luz went up to her, breathing somewhat heavily. "Gus and Willow and I are gonna do a moonlight conjuring! So would it be okay if-"

"Not tonight." Eda interrupted. "I need to run some errands."

"B-but your curse is broken! I thought..." Luz stammered, but couldn't get more than a couple words out before Eda interrupted. "Look, kid, I know you may seem tempted, but it's only one day of the whole year. It's not like this will make or break those munchkins' opinions of you. Just be honest."

Luz silently pondered it, not even noticing Eda pick up King to help her run her "errands". Her thoughts only ceased when she saw Willow and Gus run up to her.

"Luz! What did Eda say?" Willow excitedly asked.

Luz stared at them for a moment, stressed and mildly sweaty. "...Well..."

"Oh, look!" Gus pointed towards the moon. "The moon is rising into place. And the celestial powers only align once a year!"

"Ohhh, I can't believe I have enough friends for a moonlight conjuring! Thank you, Luz!" She smiled excitedly at Luz, who was still anxious. "Did Eda say it was okay?"

"She-" Luz coughed a little, and cleared her throat multiple times. "Uhm... yep! She agreed! We can have the moonlight conjuring at the Owl House as long as we don't make a mess or touch anything or act like it ever happened!"

"Yes!" Gus exclaimed in victory. 

"Oh, you're the best!" Willow said, lightly hugging Luz (which didn't exactly help ease her nerves).

"We're gonna do a conjuring! We're gonna do a conjuring!" Willow and Gus both said in unison, ecstatic.

Luz looked at the moon, nervous and guilty. This makes lie number two for her.