Amity's Very Own Chapter! (Ft. Boscha)

Amity was waiting outside the Boneborough Library, anxious. She had messaged Boscha on Penstagram to come, and although she was skeptical, since it was "really important", Boscha begrudgingly agreed to come. 

It had been around 10 minutes since she sent the message, and Amity was worried Boscha wouldn't be able to show up. That is, until she saw Boscha running from the distance.

"Why... did you make... me do this?!" Boscha asked, in between exhausted breaths. 

"Wh- why didn't you just take your Palisman?!?" Amity asked, more shocked than anything.

Boscha groaned. "I don't have a Palisman, remember? My old one got confiscated after it set fire to the kitchen."

Amity looked unconvinced. "And by that, you mean you blamed it for setting fire to the kitchen?"

"It's an unfeeling animal! Better it take the fall than something that actually has a purpose in life!" Boscha retorted, slightly annoyed by what she saw as an unfair accusation.

Amity was going to list multiple reasons on why that was a terrible idea and how seeing Palismen as unfeeling animals is an incredibly shallow mindset, but she felt there was more important matters. Plus, it's Boscha. She never listens.

"Okay, well, you wanna tell me what this is all about?" Boscha asked, still irritated. "I did not go outside a library at midnight just for some dumb festival, so it better be something actually important."

Amity looked away. "I... you know... uh, remember that human?"

Boscha's eyes widened, but she stayed silent. She looked... angry? Thoughtful? Concerned?

"...Bosch?" Amity asked, slightly concerned.

Boscha clenched her fists, seething. "I swear to Titan, if they pulled some stunt that got you fired, I will personally give them a hand-to-hand beatdown until they beg for whatever 'mercy' is left in my soul." 

Amity said nothing, so Boscha continued. "And if they did something worse than get you fired, than I will rip open their stomach and tear out every single-"

"Okay! I get it!" Amity exclaimed. "You don't need to be so be so violent all the time!"

Boscha just shrugged. "Violence gets results."

Amity looked at her with a mix of disgust and indignation. "Let's just... go inside?"

"If you had told me the human was here, I'd have brought my brass knuckles." Amity glared at Boscha. "Just saying."

Amity cleared her throat. "Let's. Go. Inside."

Boscha rolled her eyes, but didn't say anything else. Amity took this as an agreement, and went inside. Boscha soon following, of course.

Amity could hear someone talking, so she grabbed Boscha and hid behind a bookshelf.

"Ow! What the heck, Amity?!" Boscha complained. "Shh!" Amity retorted. 

"Oh wow, Boiling Isles romance." Amity overheard. It sounded like... the human. Of course, she was expecting the human to be here, but that didn't ease her nerves at all. "That's totally lame. Uh, unless you guys are into it...?"

"Ugh, I can't believe she's grovelling to your siblings. What kind of desperate hack would..." Boscha turned towards Amity, who was frozen.

"Amity." Boscha called out.

Amity didn't answer. 

"Amity. Hey." Boscha went directly into Amity's eye line. "Are you okay?" Boscha asked, in an unusually soft voice, causing Amity to snap out of it.