"𝘐𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯"

Beth was sitting in the living room with Owen. She knew she needed to make it work with him. But she couldn't stop thinking about Mark and the night she had with him.

It was erotic. And it was amazing. They had talked for hours after. And she felt as though it was good. That they had overcame any issues they had.

Beth looked to Owen as he got her attention. "Sorry. What?" She asked.

Owen smiled. "I asked if you wanted to do something this weekend. We both have the weekend off which is rare," he told her.

Beth just nodded. She couldn't get her mind off Mark. And she needed to somehow make it seem as though it was a one time thing.

****

Bailey walked over. She looked to them. "Okay, we gotta move fast, people, so focus. Uh, O'Malley, the pit. Karev, you're with me. We've got a surgery. Stevens, the clinic budget is due. Shepherd, Grey, wait for the chief at the trauma bay. Yang, you are charting and pit," she told them.

"What?"

"Why?"

"Both of us?" Meredith asked. Knowing it was still tense between her and Cristina after their row.

Bailey nodded. "Yes, both of you. I don't know what. I don't know why. Just go," she told them.

****

Beth and Meredith walked out to the ambulance bay. Owen looked to Webber. "So what do we have?" He asked.

"Caldwell..."

Beth's eyes widened. "As in the prison?" She asked.

Webber nodded. He turned to Owen. "Yeah. You've read up on our V. I. P. ?"

"Yes."

"Multiple stab wounds, badly beaten ... he'll have guards with him at all times. Cuffs stay on, leg irons stay on. Watch your syringes, sharps and pins. I don't want any accidents," Webber told them. "And he's here. You four are my team. No interns. I want to keep this as quiet as possible. Get him in and out quickly, patch him up and get him his way."

Meredith looked to Webber. "Sir. What's "P. D. R."?"
She asked as she shared a look with Beth.

"Get him out of trauma as fast as you can. Those guards are going to attract a lot of attention," Webber said.

"Uh, sir, it's stamped P. D. R. What is P. D. R.?" Grace asked.

"Prisoner ... death row."

The paramedics unload the man from their rig. The prisoner smiled. "How's everybody doing this morning?"

****

In the trauma room, the doctors were working on the prisoner.

Beth looked to him. "Mr. Dunn, can you hear me?" She asked. She knew she was apprehensive about this. But she needed to do her job.

Mr Dunn smiled as he looked to Beth. "You have a lovely voice," he said.

Owen turned to look at the two residents. "Okay... we need a trauma series," he said to them.