𝘉𝘦𝘵𝘩'𝘴 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬

"Derek?"

Derek looked up as Beth walked into his office. He smiled at her. "Hey baby sister. Are you okay?" He asked.

Beth shook his head. "No. I've been keeping a secret. From everyone. And now I don't know what to do," she mumbled as she looked to him.

Derek frowned. He motioned for Beth to sit down. He sat with her. "What's going on Beth?" He asked as he looked to her.

Beth took a deep breath. "I-I'm pregnant. Mark's. But there's something wrong. I haven't... I've been bleeding. And I'm a lot further than I thought," she mumbled.

Derek looked to his sister. He was in shock. "Have you seen an OB?" He asked.

Beth nodded. "The OB told me how far along I was. But I haven't been about the bleeding. I'm so scared," she said as she wiped away tears that had fallen.

Derek nodded. He sighed and smiled. "Let's get you to an OB. You need me to get Mark?" He asked.

Beth nodded. She wiped away her tears and sighed. "Y-Yeah. He needs to be there. He won't be happy I kept this from him. But there's nothing I can do," she mumbled.

****
Mark walked into the room where Beth was. He frowned. "You're pregnant and you didn't tell me?" He asked.

"I wanted to. But you went to LA with Sloan. So I figured I'd tell you when you came back but then you've been avoiding me. So how could I tell you?" She mumbled.

Mark sighed. " I needed to know Beth. This changes everything," he said.

Beth shook her head. "No. It doesn't. Because I've lost the baby. The OB said that I need to deliver as I'm too far gone for the medication way," she said.

****

Derek found Grace. He walked over to her. "Beth is in the hospital. She had a miscarriage," he told her.

Grace frowned. "Beth was pregnant? Why didn't she tell anyone?" She asked.

Derek shrugged and sighed. " I don't know. Mark is with her now. She has to deliver the baby. So she's going to need all our support," he told her.

Grace was in disbelief that her twin sister had been pregnant and she hadn't told anyone. "Does she need anything?"

"Just keep the other residents from gossiping. She doesn't need that. I need to go and call mom," Derek said as he walked off.

"Good luck!"

****

Beth looked to the tiny baby. The baby was no bigger than her hand as she cried. "You have a son," the OB said.

They walked off with the baby as both Beth and Mark had said they didn't want to see. Knowing it would have been too hard for them.

Mark looked to her. He took her hand. "You're so brave. You know that?" He said.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't tell you," Beth mumbled. She looked to him. "I'm sorry for everything I did."

"You didn't do anything Beth. I'm the one who didn't take your feelings into consideration. I just opted to help Sloan," Mark said.

****

Two weeks later, Beth was heading back to work. She didn't know what had happened. But Mark was avoiding her. She didn't know why. But ever since the miscarriage, she hadn't seen him. He hadn't called or text her.

She felt as though things were all too much for her. And she couldn't handle it. But she was putting on an act. She was pretending she was okay when she wasn't.