𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴

Beth knew how Mark was in LA. She knew that they hadn't talked at all since they had broken up. Beth had been trying to find a way to make things right. Knowing she blamed herself for it.

She felt as though she had overreacted with the whole Sloan thing. She knew Mark wanted to be a good dad. And Beth felt as though she was the one in the wrong.

Meredith and Derek were in the bedroom. Meredith had told him how Richard Webber had a drinking problem. Derek wanted to report him.

"No!"

"Yes!"

Meredith shook her head. She looked over to him. "No. If you report him..."

Derek rolled his eyes and sighed. "He's an alcoholic!" He yelled.

"If you report him, it'll be the end of his career. You don't give people any room. Flaws are unacceptable to McDreamy," Meredith said as she brushed her hair.

"Don't "mcdreamy" me."

Meredith rolled her eyes and shrugged. "McDreamy is being McJackass."

"He is an alcoholic. How long has he been drinking? Since the holidays?" Derek asked as he looked to her.

"What, do you want to take notes so you can show it to the board so they can offer you his job on the spot? You want his job. You know it and I know it!"

Derek rolled his eyes. "I'm the head of neurosurgery. I have a responsibility to this hospital."

Meredith rolled her eyes as she looked to him. "Admit you want to be chief!"

Derek shook his head. "All right. You know what? I'm done having this argument. I'm going to the board. I'm reporting Richard," he said as he turned to walk out.

"Post it!"

Derek turned back to her. "You can't call post it to you," he told her.

Meredith shrugged as she looked to him. "I am calling post it. because I told my secret about my friend to my husband ... Not the head of neurosurgery, my husband... Which I have to be able to do. So the laws of post it clearly prevail," she said.

"This is wrong."

Post it."

"The chief-."

"Post it."

Derek groaned. "Fine. I won't tell. Fine. Damn it. You just make me want to," he said as he walked over to her. He grabbed her hips and pulled her close.

Their lips met in a heated and passionate kiss. Meredith pushed him onto the bed and straddled him. Before things could go further, their pagers went off.

****

Grace walked into Beth's bedroom. She knew how hard Beth had been taking the breakup. She smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked.

Beth shook her head. She sat up and Bella saw how she had on Mark's Yankee's jumper. "This is horrible. I just... I just can't handle all of this. I miss Mark so much," she mumbled.

Grace joined her in bed. She looked to her. "I know it's so hard right now. But you will be okay again. And you're not going through this alone. I'm gonna be here for you. So if you want to cry or scream, do it with me. You're gonna be okay," she told her.

"You think?"

"You're Beth Shepherd. You're the toughest bitch I've ever met. You're the strongest person I've met," Grace said.

Beth wiped away tears. She looked to her best friend. "I really miss him."

"I know you do. But it's going to be okay," Grace told her as she smiled.