𝘔𝘢𝘮𝘢 𝘚𝘩𝘦𝘱𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘥 & 𝘉𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘜𝘱𝘴

Beth grinned as she saw Mark standing by the door. She was wearing his shirt. She looked to him. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"Why do you have to live in Meredith's attic again? How am I supposed to get out of here with that frat party going on downstairs. Don't you kids ever sleep?" Mark asked.

Beth rolled her eyes. She smiled. "They're cleaning the house for my mom," she told him.

Mark closed the door. He turned back to Bella. "Mrs Shepherd is coming? To Seattle?"

Beth nodded. "So?"

"So that woman practically raised me. Taught me right from wrong. And if she found out that I'm sleeping with you. You're Derek Shepherd's little sister. You are forbidden fruit. You're 25," he said.

Beth rolled her eyes. She looked to him. "Look, you and me... this is something addicting. I'm ending it with Owen today. So you can relax. And my mom won't say anything. She's mellow. Amelia is literally my mom's worst child. Anything compared to her is a blast."

Mark groaned. "You're killing me Bethany."

"Don't Bethany me."

****

Mark snuck past the group of people in the living room. Beth behind him. They quickly kissed before Mark left. Once Mark was on the front porch, he bumped into Derek. "Mark?"

"Hey. There you are. Do you want to get a drink?" Mark asked, wanting to think of a cover for why he was there. Not wanting him to know that he had spent the last few hours having sex with Beth.

"It's four in the morning," Derek said.

Mark nodded. "I probably should have called first. Hey, I hear your mom is coming into town. Good times," he said as he walked off.

****

Alex smirked as he looked to Meredith. "10 bucks says she tanks in the first 5 minutes," he said.

Sadie shook her head. "I have faith in Death. She'll make a good impression."

Alex rolled his eyes. He looked to Sadie. "She's holding that bottle of tequila like it's a life vest."

"Meredith, don't listen to them. She's gonna love you," George said as he looked around. "Where's Beth?"

Meredith shook her head. "No. Mothers don't love me. Mothers like bright and bubbly and happy and ... Izzie. Mothers love Izzie," she told them. She was freaking.

"They do. Mothers do love Izzie," Izzie said as she looked to her.

"Uh, I stashed all the tequila, took the cоndоm out of the cookie jar. I also replaced all your trashy magazines with back issues of the "annals of surgery," okay?" Izzie said. She looked around.

Meredith ignored them. "Does it smell musty in here?" She asked.

"My mom's house smells like peppermint. It's so homey."

"My house isn't homey?" Meredith asked.

"I feel at home," Izzie said. She saw Beth standing in the doorway. "It's your mom coming to town. So why aren't you helping?"

Alex shook his head. "I was raised in a hellhole. This place is a palace," he said. He needed to make Meredith feel better.

Meredith turned to George. "Why isn't my house homey, George?" She asked.

"I can't explain it. It's just a feeling."

Meredith shook her head. "Well, Izzie can't fix a feeling!" She said as she sat there stressing.