𝘛𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘋𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘬

Beth stood outside with Derek in the ambulance bay. They had their Seattle Grace jackets on. The chief was behind them pacing. They had been standing there. Waiting for the ambulance.

Beth turned to Derek. "So Archer is unwell huh? Didn't think I'd see him in Seattle. He hates the place," she said. She grinned. "Can't forget when he tried to hit on me. Creepy prat."

"Well he's a nice guy."

Beth raised her eyebrows. She grinned. "Yeah right. You don't like him. He doesn't like you," she said as she yawned. She was tired.

Derek rolled his eyes. But smiled. The ambulance soon whizzed into the bay. The doors opened and Addison was stood there holding onto the hand of her brother.

"Addie what's happened?" Beth asked as she looked to her uncle. She was worried about him.

The chief ignored Beth's question and walked over to Addison. He pulled her into an hug. Beth knew Addison couldn't work on her brother as she was family.

"The bed in the ICU?" Chief asked, knowing it was the one thing he had asked Bella to do.

Beth nodded. "Already booked ready. I've got the nurses on the floor. I have CT and the labs on hold," she told him.

Webber nodded and smiled. "Thank you Dr Shepherd."

****

Beth was stood outside of Archer's room. Naomi had turned up too. Beth looked up as Bailey walked over. "Uh, Dr. Miranda Bailey," she said.

Addison nodded. "Oh, I'm sorry. Um, Miranda, Naomi. Naomi, Miranda. Naomi's our fertility, uh, specialist down at oceanside wellness and one of my oldest friends," she told her.

Naomi smiled. "Bella? Wow. You've grown," she said. She turned to Bailey. "It's nice to meet you, Miranda. So how is he?" She asked.

Derek walked out the room and shrugged. "Oh, I don't know. He's groggy, his eyes are open, but I don't think he's awake because he hasn't tried to kill me. Her brother hates me."

"Told ya."

Addison rolled her eyes. "People pick sides in a divorce, Derek," she told him.

"He picked sides in the marriage. He first seized during sex with his girlfriend. I wonder why she's not here," Derek commented.

"Oh, she is," Naomi said as she looked to the floor.

Beth's eyes widened. She looked to Addison who looked as though she wanted to be anywhere but there.

"Naomi?"

"I'm going in there," Addison said as she walked into Archer's room.

Beth's looked to Naomi. She was trying to maintain composure. "You and Archer?" She asked.

Naomi shrugged. "No. Uh, well, yeah. I mean, I don't ... I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know wha- we are," she mumbled.

Derek smiled. "How's Sam?" He asked as he stood with Beth.

"Sam's good. And, uh, how's, um ... Grace ... is that her name?" Naomi asked.

Derek nodded. "She's good."

"Good."

"Yeah."

Beth raised her eyebrows. She could feel the awkwardness. "Well. This is surprisingly awkward. I'm gonna go anywhere that isn't here," she said as went to walk off.

Naomi looked to Derek. "Well, look at us. We're standing here making polite conversation about your girlfriend. You two are divorced, me and Sam are divorced, and I'm with Archer, sort of. What the hell happened? I mean, you ... you wrote Addison a song, Derek."