𝘉𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘌𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨

Beth and Mark had been staying between his hotel room and Meredith's. Meredith didn't have a problem with it. She was happy for Beth. But Derek was pissed. He didn't like the idea of it.

Beth was practically his little sister. And she was sleeping with the one person he never wanted her to. It was hard for him.

Beth hadn't even talked to him since the whole fight thing. He didn't blame her.

He had hurt her. Addison had confronted him about it. But he was in a bad place. He wasn't himself.

It was a mess. And it somehow needed to get sorted. But Derek didn't want Beth to be with Mark. He knew he would break her heart.

Beth and Mark were in the kitchen. Beth had been making breakfast. "I hope you know I can't cook for the life of me. I burn water," she said.

"We could just go for breakfast," Mark told her as he saw her flour covered face. "It would be cleaner."

Beth shook her head. "No. I've got this. I'm Gordon Ramsey in the making," she told him as she turned to look at him. She smiled as she handed him the French toast she had made. "See!"

Mark took the plate and watched as she sat down. He smirked. "You did brilliant doll."

Beth took a bite of her toast and frowned. "This is disgusting. I'm never going to be Gordon Ramsey," she mumbled as she threw it on the plate and helped herself to Nutella on toast.

Meredith and Derek walked into the room. Derek's eyes hardened at seeing Mark in the kitchen. Mark looked to him and picked up his newspaper.

Beth took a big bite out of the toast and sighed. She knew it was going to be hard. And she just wanted to eat. It was going to be a long day.

****

Grace walked towards Beth who was eating peanut butter cups. "Hungry?" She asked with a grin.

She sighed. "This Derek and Mark thing. It's going on too long. I'm literally stuck in the middle. Mer thinks it'll be okay soon enough. But I don't know."

"And Reese's cups are the way to go?"

"I'm eating my feelings. It helps," Beth mumbled as she looked to her. She smiled. "Want one?"

Grace shook her head. "No thanks hun. I'll let you have them. You look like you might need them," she told her. "Besides I'm only here for this wedding crap."

Beth grinned. "Thanks. You're a great support system," she said as she ate another one.

****

Mark walked along the corridor. He saw Arizona and smiled. "Hey. He here yet?" He asked, referring to Callie's father.

Arizona turned to him. "If you're talking about Calliope's dad, then the answer is. I don't know. Cause I'm not going to meet him because we just started dating. And it's way too soon," she told him.

"I met Beth's family before I even knew Beth. But is Torres okay with that?" He asked.

Arizona blinked. "Of course you... never mind. And yes. Her idea. The man is here for one day. And then he's gone. No muss. No fuss," she said.

Beth was standing by the nurses station with Grace. She was snacking on more Reese's. She smiled as Arizona walked over. "Hey. You must be Grace. You both okay?" She asked.

"Yeah."

George walked along as did Callie. "Run. Run for your life," Callie told him.

"What do you mean, run for my life?" George asked. He was confused as to what was going on.