chapter 1 | fate is making plans

-ˏˋ autumn, new york

Amidst the relentless chaos of New York's crowded streets, where the air hummed with hurried footsteps and the city skyline loomed overhead, exists a subtle touch of elegance.

Ballerinas thrive in this city. With some of the nation's finest schools and companies, it is no surprise that the graceful dancers are drawn to the center of the Big Apple.

Even though Minjee, a gifted ballerina, had lived in New York all her life, she was no exception.

After graduating from Juilliard and getting the opportunity to join one of the best ballet theater professionally, she moved closer to the center of the big city, securing her own apartment with her best friend a few years ago.

Autumn painted the streets and towering buildings with hues of amber and gold, the air crisp with falling leaves, dancing on the wind.

Minjee loved this season. At this time of year, there was always an excuse to go out and get hot drinks. It also gave her the opportunity to bring out her warmer attire.

Not to mention that she was born in the season.

Gracefully, the ballerina navigated the busy throngs of people bundled up in coats. Her hazel eyes fixed on the familiar path ahead as her long legs graced her forward, heading towards her favorite cafe to meet up with her friends.

She wrapped her long fluffy coat tighter around herself at a particularly colder gust of wind, promising the nearing of December. Wavy, dark hair cascaded freely around her shoulders, as her nose and cheeks naturally tinted rose. Plush, pink lips formed into a slight pout as she regretted not taking a scarf with her this morning.

As Minjee moved, a few heads turned in her direction.

The girl was captivating, to say the least. Her elegant presence effortlessly commanded attention from those around her, yet she remained blissfully unaware.

While she unintentionally drew attention to herself, her own focus was drawn to something else entirely.

Her gaze locked onto a couple, a man and a woman, as they let out a noise of surprise before tightly embracing each other. On their wrist, a timer flashed zero, before slowly turning gold.