chapter 6 | long distance connection

-ˏˋ winter, new york

Winter had arrived in the big city. The air was filled with the fragrance of evergreen and twinkling lights adorned the Song family home. Minjee was completely wrapped up in the Christmas spirit.

Now that the Nutcracker shows had been wrapped up, she finally had time to return to her childhood home, ready to celebrate the holidays with her family.

Sitting comfortably near the fireplace with a blanket and a large cup of tea, the ballerina sat across her parents. She was filling them in on the news about her connection. Her busy schedule had prevented her from sharing the happy news earlier.

Her parents sat side by side. Her mother's face was decorated with a large dimpled smile, while her father, who was always more reversed, listened patiently with a small smile tugging at his lips.

Jiwoo, her little sister, was nowhere to be found. She was probably in her room, drawing one of her favorite K-pop idols.

"Oh honey, this is amazing news!" Minjee's mother exclaimed, rising from her seat to join Minjee by the fireplace. "You had to wait for a while, but your connection sounds wonderful."

"Thank you, mom," Minjee matched her mothers smile as she received a side hug, due to their sitting position.

"Can I see your symbol?"

With a shy smile, Minjee extended her right arm, allowing her mother to admire the symbol.

Glancing at her dad, she found him watching them fondly, pride shining in his eyes.

"You deserve it, sweetheart," he expressed warmly. "So you can already communicate with him?"

"Yes, I can," Minjee nodded. "We can send thoughts to each other, so we can basically talk to each other," she explained.

"How interesting," her mom mumbled, still inspecting the symbol. "I don't believe I've seen a connection like this before."

"Because we can communicate, I've discovered something interesting about him."