chapter 22 | black swan

-ˏˋ winter, los angeles

The morning was already well on its way when Minjee stepped into the Los Angeles Theatre. Staff members from Bighit were bustling around, preparing for the day ahead. Light filtered through the ornate windows and her eyes, wide with wonder, took in the beauty around her.

The venue radiated timeless elegance, its elaborate moldings and the grand chandeliers creating the perfect backdrop for the day's event – the filming of BTS's Black Swan music video. The majestic atmosphere of the theater whispered of past performances, adding to the magic of the setting.

Minjee had the luxury of arriving a bit later than the members, who had been at the venue since early morning to prepare for the shoot.

Jimin had mentioned that they had to get their hair done right for the new concept.

As she took in the grandeur, Minjee was warmly greeted by staff members who walked past.

"Ah, Minjee, you're just in time," called out Nicole, a staff member she recognized from the airport. "Come on, I'll give you a quick tour."

With a welcoming smile, Nicole led Minjee through the majestic lobby, adorned with crystal chandeliers and gold-framed mirrors that multiplied their reflections endlessly.

"It's quite the place, isn't it?" Nicole remarked. "They say these halls have seen the likes of many screen legends."

Minjee was genuinely impressed, her gaze sweeping over the towering ceilings and the detailed murals, each weaving its own story. Though she had visited many theaters as a ballerina, each held its own unique allure.

"This is amazing," Minjee breathed out, her fingers gently tracing the cool, marbled walls. "It's like stepping back in time."

"Exactly," Nicole agreed, nodding. "And it gets even better. Let me show you the main auditorium where most of the filming will take place. It's truly the crown jewel of this theater."

They continued on, Nicole pointing out the intricate details and lavish decorations that made the theater a perfect setting for the music video.

"They wanted a setting that screams drama and intensity, and what better place than this?" Nicole exclaimed, her hands sweeping towards the stage, which lay bathed in a hauntingly beautiful array of stage lights.