chapter 5 | mutual passion

-ˏˋ autumn, new york

'If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?'

'Easy. Cutie, sexy, lovely.'

Surprised, Minjee laughed out loud. He answered her question with confidence.

'Did you prepare for that question?' She was highly amused by his ability to answer the question so fast.

'Let's say that I have answered that question a few times,' she could basically hear him grin, 'But what would your answer be?'

Minjee pondered for a few seconds. 'I think I'd describe myself as... classy, sassy, lovely.'

'Oh I can totally picture that.'

'How do I picture sexy, cutie and lovely?'

'No no, that is not how this works! It's my turn now.'

She rolled her eyes, but did not protest.

December had arrived, casting a soft glow across Minjee's room. The city outside her window seemed to hum with a muted energy. The morning light filtered through the curtains, creating a warm contrast to the chilly air that seeped through the glass.

Minjee gazed out her window, imagining her soulmate on the other side of the world doing the same. The enchanting dance of city lights reflected in her eyes.

She knew that in Seoul, the night had settled. Both soulmates were laying in bed, one ready to start the day, while the other was about to end theirs.

In these quiet moments they had found the comfort to get to know each other, as they were doing now, playing twenty questions.

'What's your favorite color?'

'A creative question,' Minjee teased him for asking such a basic question.

'It is essential for me to know my soulmate's favorite color, don't you think?' He playfully teased her back.

'Fine, you're right. It's pink, but like a dusty pink, you know?' She answered. She had loved the color ever since she was little. Even now, her room had accents of the color. 'And you?'