chapter 17 | meeting the family pt. 2

-ˏˋ winter, new york

Minjee watched the city flash by as they drove through the busy streets of New York. She had been slightly nervous about her soulmate meeting her family, but the nerves were spiking up right now.

The ballerina was about to meet with the manager of global superstars. And she was seated right next to one right now.

Admittedly, she was starting to warm up to her soulmate, little by little. His ease and the natural pull she felt to him made everything a lot easier. Minjee had been communicating with this man for months, so she knew he was genuine.

But meeting the rest of the group, which she had only talked to briefly last night, and their manager, was nerve wracking. These people were important in her soulmate's life and she wants to make a good impression.

While her mind was racing, she felt the hand that was still wrapped around hers tightening their hold. Turning her head, she locked eyes with Jimins.

'It's going to be okay,' he reassured her. 'They're excited to meet you, you've nothing to worry about.'

He must've felt her anxiety through their connection, giving her a gentle smile. Minjee managed a shaky smile in return, her heart racing.

'I can't help it,' she admitted, knowing it was a bit silly, but she didn't know how his company stood with the soulmates of their idols. Kpop had a reputation of being strict, which scared her a bit.

'Just be yourself,' he repeated the advice she had given him this morning with a teasing smile.

Minjee rolled her eyes, but couldn't help but smile back. 'Shut up.'

Before they knew it, the van pulled up in front of a hotel. This was the place where BTS were housed during their stay. The sleek, imposing building stretched towards the sky. Jimin had informed her that the entire top floor was reserved for the group.

The ballerina gulped at the sight of it, before the two soulmates put on their disguise again.

The cool New York air brushed against Minjee's face as they stepped out of the van. She drew a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves as they followed Mr. Lee through the grand lobby and towards the private elevators.