chapter 4 | a world apart

-ˏˋ autumn, new york

Friday night arrived in New York. The big lights were off in Minjee's and Yuna's cozy apartment, the space being illuminated by the decorative lights and candles, creating a warm ambiance. Smooth R&B music vibrated through the room, setting the tone for a good night.

The girls had agreed that they would eat and get ready together. Minjee and Belle were seated on the couch, wine glasses already in hand as they softly chatted. A few feet away stood Yuna, talking on the phone to order some food.

Elena hadn't arrived yet, but that was expected. She'd be bringing Mika along with her after all.

Having drained her glass, Minjee rose from the couch, smoothing out her skirt. She was already dressed to impress. The skirt, featuring a slit, showed her well toned legs as she moved. Her satin crop top, adorned with long, puffy sleeves and a modest neckline, drew attention to the low cut back, accentuated by two strings wrapped around her exposed waist.

She looked elegant, yet hot at the same time.

Returning from the kitchen with a wine bottle in hand, she rejoined Belle again, refilling her glass.

"Want some more?" She offered Belle, lifting the bottle up a little.

Belle shook her head, laughing. "No way, you drink way too fast for me to keep up and I'm not gonna try."

"You're no fun," Minjee teased her friend, rolling her eyes.

Before Belle could retort a sarcastic comment, Yuna plopped herself on the coach next to the other two.

"Pizza is on its way!" She announced, grabbing her glass that was still filled up.

There was a knock on the door, and Minjee shot up, making her way over to answer it.

Elena was the first person she saw when she opened the door, greeting her with a big hug. As Minjee looked over her friend's shoulders, she made eye contact with a cute girl, whom she assumed was Mika.