chapter 21 | together

-ˏˋ winter, los angeles

The morning sun streamed through the gauzy curtains, casting a warm glow across the room as Minjee stepped out of the bathroom. The steam from the shower rolled out behind her.

Today was the day of their date, and the flutter of excitement in her stomach hadn't settled since she'd woken up.

A small note from Jimin, delicately placed under the door that connected their rooms, had given her all the details she needed: Be ready by 11 am. Dress nice but comfortable.

With a smile, Minjee approached her dresser, as she glanced at her favorite sundress, which was already laid out on the bed. The dress was a soft pastel color that complemented her skin tone wonderfully. It was comfortable and perfect for a day under the California sun.

As she blow-dried her hair, she worked it into soft waves that framed her face just right. Then applied makeup that highlighted her natural features, enhancing her eyes and giving her cheeks a pop of color.

Slipping into the dress, she admired the way it swayed gently around her knees as she paired it with comfortable sandals.

Just as she draped her lightweight denim jacket over her arm and grabbed her purse, a knock sounded at her door, right on time. Her heart skipped a beat. Taking a deep breath to calm the excited butterflies in her stomach, she swung the door open.

There stood Jimin, looking effortlessly handsome in a breezy linen shirt and fitted shorts. His hair was styled to casual perfection, giving him the air of a model just off the pages of a summer fashion catalog, effortlessly chic and utterly captivating.

His eyes roamed over her appreciatively, and a slow, approving smile spread across his face.

"You look absolutely stunning, my princess," he complimented, his voice carrying a soft warmth that made her cheeks flush a shade of pink.

Before she could respond, Jimin took her hand and lifted it to his lips for a light kiss. The gesture, though simple, sent a wave of warmth rushing through her. The grin on his face told her that he had felt it through their connection.