chapter 23 | brought to light

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

-ˏˋ winter, los angeles

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

-ˏˋ winter, los angeles

The Los Angeles sun was already climbing high in the sky by the time Minjee stirred awake from the depths of a dreamless sleep. The soft fabric of the sheets were cool against her bare skin.

Beside her, Jimin laid peacefully, the soft rise and fall of his chest in sync with the quiet morning. Last night's memories lingered in the air, tangible and sweet, like the aftertaste of a fine wine.

The sheets were a mess, and so were they, but in the most beautiful way.

Minjee shifted closer, her movements careful not to disturb him, yet eager to feel his warmth.

The touch of his skin against hers sparked a delightful shiver, a reminder of the closeness they shared just hours ago.

He responded in his sleep, pulling her into a lazy embrace. Minjee nestled her head against Jimin's chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart. It was a rhythm that she found incredibly soothing, a melody that sang of home.

They had slept in, cocooned in the softness of their room.

Finally, Jimin stirred. His eyes fluttered open, a sleepy smile gracing his full lips as he registered her presence.

"Good morning," he murmured, his voice rough with sleep. His fingers started to run up and down her spine.

"Is it still morning?" Minjee chuckled, stretching a bit, a slight soreness weaving through her muscles as she did so.

"Technically, yes," Jimin replied, glancing at the clock near the bed. Tightening his hold on her, he leans in, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel great," she said softly, kissing his chest. "How about you?"

"Couldn't be better."

Their morning stretched lazily as they lingered in bed, sharing soft kisses and quiet conversations. The world outside seemed distant, irrelevant even.