chapter 7 | the ballerina

-ˏˋ winter, seoul

-ˏˋ winter, seoul

Seoul's January was crisp and chilly, wrapping the city in a cool blue.

In the heart of this wintery scene, an apartment buzzed with life.

It was a rare, free day for the seven members of BTS. A welcomed break after their New Year's performance at Times Square.

All of them were glad to be back in the comfort of their shared home.

Well, almost all of them.

Park Jimin lay sprawled on the couch, his lithe frame melted into the cushions with his eyes glued to his phone. The soft glow of the screen delicately painted his sharp, yet soft features. Blonde hair stuck out in all directions, having raked his hand though it multiple times.

In the background, the apartment was alive with activity. The scent of cooking wafted from the kitchen where Seokjin and Yoongi were likely whipping up something delicious, laughter spilled from another room, and the occasional sound of doors contributed to the homely ambiance.

But Jimin was elsewhere, his thoughts miles away.

This visit to New York had been different from all the other times he'd been there.

He couldn't shake off the feeling he'd had there - the feeling that he'd been close to her.

His soulmate.

He was certain of it, yet he hadn't seen her. At least not knowingly.

He had no clue of what she looked like. He didn't even know her name. Getting to know her though their connection had been both exciting and frustrating because of this. He had gotten to know her, but not really at the same time.

Her soft voice, her warmth, even without a face to pin these to, stirred something deep in him. She was genuine, sassy and cute.

Jimin chuckled to himself, thinking about how surreal it all was. It was odd, feeling so drawn to someone he'd never met before. Yet, it was something he couldn't resist. His heart was too far gone.