Prolouge

Isekai is great they say. Isekai is fun they say, bullshit. Everything is all fun and games till you experienced everything firsthand.

Wake up... Not everything is good as it seems. Everything may look normal but don't let it fool you, there's a bunch of predators in the dark. Waiting for you to make a simple mistake, and when you do.
They'll pounce and tear into you, making sure your trapped in their claws
-(Y/N) (L/N)

You let out a tired sigh as you looked at your surrounding, everything is so green. The birds chirped as they flew over you before they landed in front of you, chirping tilting their head to the side in curiousity. They look at you so innocently, so pure that you envy it. You can hear the leaves of the trees sway along the soft, cool breeze. The shade it gave you from the sun's hot rays.

For you who was surrounded by blood and the stench of death, the new setting feels.. nice. Plagged by the constant reminder of death in every corner gave you paranoia, it gave you a feeling of unease, always. But the birds, the soft wind, the bright color of the sky, trees and the meadow in front of you was... nice.

Your hands that were used to be covered in scars and are calloused are soft and smooth, like how it was before... that. That damned isekai, that cursed unwanted isekai that you didn't even wished for!

Why was everyone so excited about isekai this! Isekai that! The dangers present that lurks in the shadows, the real personality a person truly has when you met them. Your gaze that was on your hands slowly moved towards the sword that he gave you, that cursed sword. The one that started your sufferings, the one that made everything crumble.

Kagaya Ubayashiki, a man everyone loved. The hashiras, the low ranked demons-slayers, the fans from the world you came from. He was a good man, a person admired by many, the person who was the reason of your sufferings. Kagaya hid it well, despite his loving and soft-spoken nature was a man who hid his pure hatred towards his cousin, the first demon to walk their world.

Kibutsuji Muzan

Kagaya was a smart and cunning man, like Muzan. Manipulation, soft spoken words, that damned facade of his. He was a snake under a rabbit's skin. Kagaya was blind and weak, but that does not mean he wasn't dangerous. You have never met someone who was so...

"Deception is such an ugly mask, isn't it? Kagaya. It suits someone like you so fucking well!"

"Now, now (Y/N). A dog does not bark at its master, be good. Don't cause any issue during the hashira meeting."

You let out a shaky breath as you looked away from the sword. You hated it but you can't bring to just throw it away. Kagaya surely made sure to instill that to never lose it. Your eyes drifted back towards the sword as you gaze on the wisteria insignia, it stares back at you menacingly.

As if to mock you, to remind you how much Kagaya had you under his control, under his strings. That you are his pet, even the clothes you currently are in had the wisteria insignia on you back. To everyone it was nothing, but to those hashiras, those swordsmiths, those demons. You are a property owned by the Ubayashiki family, to be always at their beck and call.

The bird chirped as it hopped towards you, you couldn't help but laugh a little as you slowly and gently use your finger to stroke the bird's feather. It was soft and smooth, it was so peaceful. You feel free as you can be, like you used too.