III

A young adult let out a quivered, yet shallow breath as they pressed their back against a tree trunk. Their body trembling from both exhaustion and fear as they watch the night creature slowly turned to ash. The said creature was yelling and howling in pain from their shadow being ripped away from them, slitted eyes glared hatefully at the young girl.

(Y/N) could hardly move her body, she had exhausted herself from her rampage before she fell into her own shadow and appeared somewhere new. She had appeared in what seemed to be a village ruins, was it old or new she doesn't know, far away from civilization.

The scent of blood, the stench of death was lingering in the air. The trees russled, the wind was cold, nipping at her skin, the sound of what seemed to be a tearing noise accompanied by a squelching sound-wait.. the sound of something being ripped. A fresh smell of iron, what was..

"Oh~ Looks like I found myself lucky!"

She tensed, her pupils dilating as her senses went haywire. Her instincts were screaming at her, danger. She was in danger yet she couldn't move from exhaustion, fear had start to crept up her wounded and betrayed heart. She could only lean herself against the tree behind her as her senses were searching where the voice was, she couldn't understand it so well, the only thing she understood was the word 'myself' and 'lucky'.

Her shadow had spiked up anxiously like a cat who sensed that she was in grave danger, her eyes darted in every direction before it zeroed on one particular shadow. It was shaking, it shake as she stared at it before it stood up startling her.

There were strange lines running across its body with holes, it slowly turned towards her direction. Its face was disfigured, its mouth was pulled into a twisted grin showing its sharp teeth stained with blood, fresh blood. What made her tremble was the corpse behind the creature, mauled and ripped of a human. Its eyes had kanji written on it with an X over it.

'No.. no no no no No! Not again! Why here! I'm going to die! Again!'

Her mind was in a frenzy, her breathing was getting heavy, her vision was getting blurry. Why was it getting harder to breath? To see? It feels like she was drowning, she couldn't speak as no voice left her lips as it fell open till her mind went blank, like her brain turned off by itself.

"Ah.. your not a marechi but the scent of your blood is so different, the aroma is sweeter than a marechi! I wonder will your flesh and blood taste better than a marechi-"

It was talking, its mouth was moving but was did it felt like something was ripping it away from something attached to it? It let out a loud screech as it fell to the ground, its body twitching, writhing in pain. Meanwhile, (Y/N) was slowly regaining her senses as she looked ready to pass out. Why was it screaming? It was hurting her ears, its too loud.

She watched it was crumblung away, turning into nothing but ash. It was glaring at her, what did she do. She was too scared and exhausted to think, her eyelids were getting heavy, her body needs rest. It won't be good if she keeps this up, maybe.. a small nap wouldn't hurt. What was that noise? Her eyes closed shut as she fell into a dreamless slumber, a crow cawed as a man in a black uniform with a sword strapped on his hip arrived.

A smile was on his lips as he followed the crow, his hair resembled of a fire with his features making him look like an owl. His gaze moved towards the surrounding before it fell onto the corpse, his smile twitched and turned into a frown as he stared at the corpse. 'Caw!' The sound of the crow made the man tore away his gaze from the corpse as the flew near a teen in strange clothes that was leaning against a tree.

He slowly approached the teen, his hand was on the hilt of his sword. The crow cawed as it nudged its head onto the girl's head, the teen didn't move. The man held out his hand just below the girl's nose, she was breathing but it was weak and slow. There was no one arpund them save for the half, mauled corpse a little ways away. He scooped the girl in his arms as gently as he could  before running towards the nearest wisteria house while the crow flew towards HQ to notify its leader.