VI

All my greatness it doesn't come for free. All my talent, it doesn't grow on trees
-(Y/N)(L/N)

You released a deep breath, you slashed against thick bamboos. The tachi in your hand felt different compared to the one that you usually used, you sheathed back the tachi as you watch the bamboo slide and fall to the ground.

You asked for a wooden bokken, not a tachi. A fuckin bokken, you can see the elder nod his head in approval. The bastard was slightly getting on your nerves for the past few days. First, he had you go up against some of the strongest members of the clan. Next he had you stay up night after night, sending many veteran shinobi on your home to know how much your strength can last.

And lastly, he wanted you to tag along with two uchihas who will go on a mission outside Konoha. What the hell is he thinking, you were no genin. How the hell did he manage to have you tag along without Hiruzen interfering.

"Your dismissed. Bring the tachi with you, wait for the  two who'll come and get you"

That would be a mystery for you, you bowed your head and left the training ground. You wanted to commit bloody murder, has the old guy lost his screws? With gritted teeth you exited Fugaku's personal training ground and headed home to change clothes.

You don't have to worry about bringing stuff since you can just pull things out of your shadow. When you reached your home you immediately went towards the bathroom, after leaving the tachi on the low table on your living room.

You stripped of your clothes and submerge yourself on the tub, after you turn on the faucet. For the most part, the traditional japanese house is somewhat modernized a bit. There goes your peaceful life, the plans were thrown out the window.

You wonder what made the elder change his mind, to him you were just another 'clan member', a half. Just as you closed your eyes, you quickly opened them as you sat up from the tub abruptly. The sudden movement caused the water to splashed against the rim, was it.. that accident?

It was possible, the kid could've ratted you out or someone saw you. Only one of those two outcomes you can think of, you released a sigh as you cleaned your body and got out of the tub after draining the water. You wore dark clothing so it will be easy for you to blend in the dark, a high-collared shirt, pants and boots.

You never really wore bright/pastel clothing anymore, either neutral or dark colors is what you wore. Plus it helps you blend in and disappear in a crowd easily if needed, you couldn't help but think about Naruto's bright orange and blue jumpsuit, he was very noticable in those.

Now all is left to do is wait, you went towards the patio and sat there. As you sat on the patio by the edge you remember the elder teaching you a clan technique, blood clones. It might seem a bit simple but it was rather hard, the clone can be identical towards its user and there will be no telling who's who unless gravely injured from the user's side.

It needs unwavering focus and concentration to form one, it left you craving for flesh. With blood clone it was rather hard on your part, the old shrew was a marechi and it was testing your self-control. It wasn't noticeable at first but the minute he sliced his arm the scent was too tempting to resist. Guess the saying it taste better if it was aged was true, you have to constantly remind yourself to focus. What a pain.

You opened your eyes before two people appeared, it was getting easier to sense them as the day passed. Or was it just the chakra from nature making it easier to notice them, Mikoto was the one who noticed how your body seemed to be greedily absorbing chakra from its surroundings. You were a walking ball of nature chakra, from Mikoto's words not yours.