29

Aaradhya

Stressed.

Depressed.

As if I wasn’t already stressed and depressed for this family to add more into it.

I have been scared the moment I entered this house because neither of his parents look happy with his decision.

His mom has been passing fake smiles to me and his dad is constantly boring holes into me with his sharp glares.

There was no need for hredhaan to plan any revenge to avenge his non-existent humiliation. He could have just made me meet his family if he wanted me to beg him and be helpless.

Because right now I am even ready to beg him if that helps me escaping this place.

“Juice beta” his mom asks startling me to the core with her sudden intrusion in my thoughts busy slandering her family.

“Thanks” I say and take it from him gulping the entire glass in a shot.

How naïve of me to think his mom would be impressed knowing I own a fashion brand because she was least interested in knowing anything about me which she made clear after asking the first question.

“Can you cook?” I hear her ask.

“No” I reply horrified at the prospect of me cooking.

Cooking is a very difficult task and for someone like me who isn’t interested to cook it becomes even more difficult.

My friends around me used to say cooking is a basic skill and not a gender role but they only remembered that crap quote when they wanted to convince me to learn cooking and that makes me even more repulsed to it.

There are a lot of things that aren’t gender roles but basic skills but not everyone knows it and that does not make them any less of talented person.

I have huge respect for housewives but I don’t think I am that strong of a person who would work entire day without any salary only to be taken for granted and to hear “what do you even do entire day” once in her lifetime.

Maybe my perspective might change in future but for now I am not learning it when I have more things to worry about and can very well hire people to do household chores for me.

Anyways enough slander for today.

“Beta kuch toh aata hoga?”
“There must be some household work you would know”
his mom asks.

I glare at my blackmailer and he smirks at me.

“Nahi aunty kuch nahi aata hai”
“No I don’t know anything”
I reply back.

“Who works at your house?” she further enquires.

“One caretaker and four servants” I say and stare at her blankly.

“Today’s kids don’t listen to their parents at all and then regret their decisions later” she speaks looking at her son.

“You listened to your parents and let them decide for you right so are you happy or do you regret?’ I ask her with genuine curiosity.

The entire hall goes silent and his mom excuses herself for bringing other edible stuff for us to eat.

Sorry aunty you were intruding a little too much into my personal space I had to intrude a little into yours.

I feel a firm hold on my arm and within a second I am pushed towards him.

“Do you realize how difficult it was to convince them why are you ruining everything?” he asks.