4 - No Longer a Slave

391 B.C. - City of Caere, Coast of the Tasurian Peninsula, Spring, Month of Maius

Falx

"Falx," Tems murmurs in a stunned voice.

"Quiet," I hush him immediately, still shaken by the flames coursing through my veins, making my demon cavort in fiery celebration. Trickles of ecstatic pain race through me. I am bonded.

Thania has melted, just as I promised she would. She lays against my chest, her muscles lax and free of tension, her red hair tumbling wantonly over her shoulders, framing her sweet face, her grey eyes foggy with desire and sleep.

The gods have tied us together as one.

I stand with her cradled in my arms, dripping with my cum and hers between her legs. I tame my demon... barely. The beast wants to run back to Rune and rip apart the Senate and each and every Senator through the streets, bellowing his triumph to every male in Caere until blood runs in the streets and their bodies bloat in the sun.

I have broken pater familias and taken my sweet Acerian priestess as my bonded mate without permission from my father or the House of Fyrrin. The Senate will not be pleased.

The Senate can also go fuck themselves. 

I throw back my head and laugh in pleasure, relief, and humor when my sweet little bonded shushes me grumpily, her finger smacking my lips gently to encourage my silence.

I nip her finger and smile down at her when she grumbles incoherently.

Reluctantly, I peel my gaze from her. Looking around, I see only my most trusted belators. My friends and brothers. "You have all witnessed my priestess's ascension as my bonded bride." They nod, and I can see their demon's attention caught by the miracle in my arms. They will want their own little Acera miracles now. After tonight, I will have no trouble finding volunteers to pledge themselves to Arthe.

"May you be blessed with many hatchlings, Fyrrin," Quintin intones, his voice even more solemn than his usual taciturn demeanor.

"By the gods," Tems looks ready to burst from his skin, either to weep with joy or race off and claim his own Acera priestess.

"Tomorrow, you may begin making selections," I tell them. I see some disappointed faces as they realize they will have to wait the night without a soft priestess of their own. "Gaurd the room," I order them before bringing my bonded to the room in the back of the temple reserved for fucking priestesses.

I gently lay her down on the pallet that resembles a small altar for all the gods. I take my time admiring her. She is an otherworldly beauty. I run my palm down the curve of her nude body, feeling the curl of possessiveness unfurl in my demon. The light from the single torch casts her skin in a golden glow and makes her red hair glow as though on fire. The Tasuri in Rune would have fought over her, even though, ironically, her gorgeous red hair is undesirable to the Acera.

I slide onto the pallet beside her and ease her into my arms. She is perfect, soft curves over firm muscle, she had gained weight, no longer looked half-starved. I will make sure that she stays healthy. By the gods, she will never suffer starvation again.

I drift into sleep, my demon content to cuddle the sweet Acera in our arms as the rain outside the temple slows until it lightly hits the roof in a steady, staccato beat.

It's dark; even the torch is out when I awaken to Thania pulling at me restlessly. "Shh, love," I murmur. Her eyes flicker open, her gaze needy and frightened in the dim light. I turn us so we are on our sides facing each other and drape her leg over my hips. I slide in, not deeply in this position, and am rewarded when she moans in satisfaction.