Camporee

getting active on this writing stuff if you've got any suggestions lemme know, tw bullying

i woke up and Neil had already left the tent, we haven't talked much since rowing unless Nikki is around. Today we had to do this stupid lake lilac Camporee, Gwen came into my tent and started chatting for a bit before asking "Do you want to do the Camporee today?" she asked 

she thinks you're weak "What? Of course, I do!" I sternly said back, "Okay bud just checking" She shrugged and walked out of my tent, I heard Pikeman call Gwen over and start to flirt with her, he's such a weirdo i thought myself I haven't met any of the other camps this summer, I used to hide in the woods when we had to do any joint activities. I walked out of my tent to go find Nikki and Neil but instead was stopped by these girls in uniforms the flower scouts i tried to walk away from them but they were like vultures circling me "Where is the camporee loser" one of them snarled at me "i can't believe we have to come to this dirty camp I've just gotten my nails done" another spoke 

"over there" i pointed and walked away, they seemed so prissy at least we might win this, i couldn't find Nikki until i checked her tent where she was just lying down "You alright kid?" I peered in at her "Just sick" she replied quickly, shes lying, "No way your sick you eat more dirt than food, no way your immune system would let you get sick" i walked in and sat on the end of her cot. "what's really wrong?" i asked again. "i just don't want to see the flower scouts" she huffed and turned over. "those prissy girls? why don't you want to see them?" i couldn't understand it for a second, why would Nikki be scared of them? She could easily take them. Nikki was quiet for a couple of seconds "i just don't okay?" she spoke trying to sound angry but she was terrible at it, i persisted and kept asking.

"i used to be a flower scout last year with my friend, remember when i told you about Silas?" she spoke like someone had punched her in the chest "Yeah, of course, he got you that slingshot that David had to confiscate" i replied. "well before he transitioned his mom and mine decided to sent us the flower scouts and it sucked, they were so rude to him and kept calling us lesbians the whole summer and saying we were dating" she sat up and she was mad even thinking about it.

"so you don't want to see them in case they bully you again?" i questioned already knowing that's why "Yeah I guess," she said defeatedly, she never really gets upset by those kinds of things, they must be real assholes "So you don't want to show them up?" she looked really confused "what?" she questioned "you don't want to show them how well you're doing here? you don't want to prove them wrong and you want them to win by hiding and letting those pansies win? I've seen you fight a wolf for a bone Nikki, come on! you're stronger than this" i exclaimed hoping that was a good enough talk, she stood up and started to rummage for some clothes out of her bag "Get out" she said pushing me out of the tent, no more than 2 minutes later she burst out of her tent with her overalls and game face "Let's KICK SOME ASS!" she screamed "hell yeah "I responded.

Once we arrived at the game area we saw the flower scouts who immediately saw Nikki and started laughing "Ignore them okay? Don't let your head drop" i spoke she just nodded and kept walking over to our camp which was lined up ready for the activities. 

"ALRIGHTY CAMPERS ARE WE READY?" David announced enthusiastically but no one responded, i felt kinda bad but i got distracted pretty quickly when i heard "Dyke" being said over towards our camp it wasn't loud enough for the counsellors to hear but i turned and saw it was the flower scouts giggling and pointed at Nikki, i shot them a dirty look and they just laughed, i turned to see Nikki who had her head down, "look up" i said while nudging her "why?" she whispered "if you keep your head up they won't know they're getting to you" she nodded.

after the first couple of rounds, i was furious every time Nikki said something or participated the flower scouts would start laughing, but now they weren't doing it so Nikki could hear it, they were doing it so i could hear it, they want you to get mad that's what they want, ignored them and continued cheering on my campmates until the final game, the wheelbarrow race, me and Nikki paired up for this one and she was the wheelbarrow, we were up against Jeremy Fartz with Snake and Sasha with Tabii, we won which meant camp Campbell won the won camporee, we were all celebrating when i heard a someone call Nikki "Hey bitch, how have you been?" she asked condescendingly, no one else was paying attention. "Good Sasha I've been good" Nikki replied with a waver in her tone "You must be pleased after the wheelbarrow race, we all know you love women touching you, whos this your girlfriend or something?" she was looking at me, "what did you just say?" I stepped in front of her, I was only about 6inches taller than her but she still was taken aback by my lack of fear towards her "Um excuse me have you never heard of personal space you lesbo, I don't want to have sex with you back off freak" I snapped

*WHACK* I punched her square in the face sending her to the ground, it was silent, everyone was looking at me and Gwen and David rushed over to see if Sasha was okay. Her nose was bleeding and she began to wail in pain holding her nose. You're just like your dad. I had never hit someone before and I couldn't believe I let my anger get the better of me so I ran down to the lake to hide from everyone's eyes, I heard Nikki call my name but she didn't follow, I wanted to be alone anyway, sat crying for what felt like forever until I heard a voice from behind me "hey kiddo" its was Gwen, she sat next to me on the dock waiting for me to say something "I'm sorry" I whispered if I would've spoke any louder id be crying again. "as much as i shouldn't condone violence, she deserved it. Nikki told me about what they've been doing" she spoke softly like she thought if she said the wrong thing id break "still shouldn't have hit her" i mumbled "yeah probably not" she chuckled "great form though" she added "what?" i asked "it was a good punch i would've done the same if I'm being honest" she responded, she was trying to lighten the mood i guess "I'm just like him" i sighed "no you're not, you hit sasha who was being an ass your dad hits for fun" i looked up at her to see she was staring at the water. "i see him in myself all the time i hate it" i huffed "you arent him max, as much as you'd never admit it or let anyone know, you care about all these people at camp and you are kind in your own weird way and that makes you Max, not your parents or how you were raised, you make your own way" she spoke very matter of fact.

I stood up and Gwen followed "your right" I announced, Gwen hugged me and told me to go to my tent and she would bring me food, i nodded and walked to my tent and had dinner. After Neil came in and began reading the chemistry book his dad got him "That was pretty badass" he spoke "Thanks Neil", it was late so we said goodnight and went to sleep

Lemme know any suggestions you want to see in this story, and ill try my best to include them in the coming chapters!!