shutters are shutting

"Buchi. The Marines are here. They would like to collect the drunken straw hat pirate. Bring him to the front of the house at once." Klahadore's voice sounds aloud through a speaker of some sort. Oh no, they do not realize it's Kuro and only tracked down Luffy. Why would they only want Luffy?

Buchi packs him under the arms and drags him upstairs. I hear the sink, so I'd say the maid is still here. She is doing the dishes, and cleaning up the pots. Oh no... Once she tries to put them back she's going to find Nami, I want to get out but she is still in front of the sink. She took the pot and went for the pantry. I open the door and get out but happen to see Nami hitting Sham square in the face with a pan. "Astounding!"I smile widely.

We make a run for Kaya's room, we have to warn her. After that, I can look for Zoro in the well. Out of a sudden, the whole house shuts down in a kind of lockdown. Every window and exit gets a shutter, no ordinary one. They look hard to get through. As we pass by the suites, I run in to grab my Katanas.

Nami opens the doors to Kaya's room. A shocked Kaya and Usopp are standing there, looking shocked back at us, but falling into relief as they see it is only us. Usopp must have told her everything. "Thank god you're still alive." Nami and I exhale deeply. "Why wouldn't we be alive?" Kaya asks. Okay, maybe they don't know yet.

Nami and I explained everything. "Now let's think this over. When did you start getting sick Kaya? Does it happen to be shortly after Klahadore, or Kuro as it is his real name, started working here? About three years ago?" I look at her, she knows I am telling her what I truly believe in. She is shocked, speechless, and at the brim of tears. "Listen to me. If we stay, we die. We have to leave now." Nami speaks.

Kaya has shown us to a secret path, in between the walls. Usopp is leading the way holding a lamp, us the girls following suit. "Where are we going?" Nami asks. "Gotta get out of the house," Usopp states the obvious. "Another crank can open the shutters. It's in the east wing. My parent's room. It's the only way," Kaya says. She starts to cough. "There you are, Miss Kaya," Kuro says. I was about to warn them, as five blades make their way through the wall. Right in between Kaya and Usopp. Then again. Right between Nami and I. He pokes a couple more times, saying it is Kaya's birthday. Oh, it must be past midnight. We make a run for it.

We made it to the room of Kaya's late parents. It's a little creepy but earlier, she said it was locked so I am hoping we are safe for now. She turns on the light as the others look around a little. "Kaya, did he get you? You're bleeding!" I say. She looks at the tiny scratch on her arm. She looks back up furiously. "We treated him like family! How could I not see it!" She says loudly, infuriated. Nami comes up and grabs her arms. "He took advantage of you." "Exactly, he put up with the act pretty realistically and believably, I must admit," I say. "Now, we need you to be strong so we can get out of here." Nami motivates her. She nods and moves to a broad frame hung on the wall. The painting is hidden behind a cloth.

She pulls on the cloth to uncover the painting. "Oh," I let out. Nami hits me in the shoulder giving me a look. "Sorry," I whisper. It's a truly hideous sight. A very much typical family photo, for families about 200 years ago... They must have been asking the painter for it. Huge perukes in old rokoko fashion. The faces, well, a little warped. I could hold it back with my oh.
"What would they think of me?" Kaya was thinking aloud. Well, I think they'd be alright, considering they've made worse decisions. Like hanging up this painting, for example. Or hiring Kuro of course.

"They'd be so disappointed." Kaya exhales. "No. No, they'd want you to survive. And that's exactly what we are going to do." Nami condoles her. "Precisely," I say. "That's why we should get moving. I'm sure he can guess what we are trying to do." Everyone nods.
Kaya opens the hidden door which is located behind the frame. The crank is hidden in there. Everyone is pulling on it, but it is barely budging at all. "Try putting your body weight-" "Oh Miss Kaya..." Kuro's Voice is calling for her. "Shit, Hide!" 

Nami and Kaya hide under a table behind the drapes. Usopp stands at the window, also hiding behind drapes. Easy, since everything is hidden under drapes. I hid the crank again before I took cover in a closet. Kuro's right in front of the door. He easily pushes them wide open. I thought Kaya said she locked all the memories in here away. Ugh. Apparently, I misunderstood. I thought she locked the doors as well.