food is in the air

Everyone helps to get the Merry away from the battlefield as fast as possible. We went into a huge cloud of mist right above the water to escape. Once everything has settled, we gather again to see what's next. My guess is we'll just have to sit back until we come out of this mist. 

"Guys, we have to be more careful from now on. This could happen at any time again. We are on the run." Everyone nods collectively. But not Luffy, he isn't here. He's at the very top of the boat, staring into the distance. Nami nods to that. "Now, what's up with Luffy and his grandpa being a marine captain?"
Honestly, I don't know why she is making such a big deal out of it. Like I get that it would have been helpful to know that but I'm sure he has a reason for not telling us. Maybe he isn't very good with his grandpa. I mean, he can't be considering marines and pirates are natural enemies. I don't mind. Could have been my grandpa and I couldn't do anything about it. Surely his grandpa is just following orders.
"Don't be so hard on him. I'm sure he has his reasons." I say. "Someone should go and talk to him about it. Zoro? From man to man?" "Ey!" Usopp reacts. "Why don't you go talk to him if you want to know so bad!" Zoro is annoyed. "Like I said, man to man." He looks at me to check what he is supposed to do. I just shrug. If he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to. I'd do it. I know he won't really get to the bottom of it. Zoro just doesn't care about this kind of stuff enough. "Fine..." He sounded annoyed but I guess he wanted to be there for his friend.

He comes back a minute later, and a little bit of embarrassment is spread on his cheeks. Yeah, he didn't get anything out of him. He opens his mouth to say something but I know he doesn't want to admit it. "It's fine, I'll go." I make a quick stop in the kitchen, to grab some leftover cooked noodles. I know it's no meat but we just don't have any right now.

The others look at me confused but I just smile and get up to Luffy.
"Hey there." He doesn't even turn around. His happy aura is nonexistent. Usually, it would flood me before I even reached him. "I know you are a little upset, so I thought some food would cheer you up a little. Maybe." I stand next to him, holding the bowl in front of him. He takes it, looks at it, then moves his head to me. "Thank you." He starts eating and I take a seat. "How are you holding up? You've been upset ever since the marine ship hit us."I pause for a second. "Would it help to talk about it? I'm here to listen if you'd like." He stops eating and drops his shoulders. "It might help." "I suppose so," I answer. "I trust you. I know you just want to help." I nod. He eats again but slowly. I've never seen Luffy eat slowly. "That ship, it belongs to my grandpa." He says with his mouth full. I hum. "He helped raise me. He always wanted me to become a marine captain like him, but I always wanted to be a pirate, just like Shanks." I hum again, only to tell him I'm listening. "He didn't like that." "I can imagine," I say. "Are you glad we defeated him? I mean, we didn't kill him, merely immobilized his ship." He laughs at that a little, "Yeah we did." I laugh too. "But I'm not upset about that. I thought he might just want to congratulate me on how far I've come, even though it's not his dream. I know it's stupid." "No. It's not stupid." I console him. "But do you want me to give you my honest opinion or just agree with you?" "Hm, the latter." "Good choice," I smile. "You  know, I think you're grandpa is stupid for ignoring your talent in being a pirate captain, let alone being the future king of the pirates." "Hell yeah!" Luffy says. He has that happy aura again.  With that, we get back to the others.
If he had asked me to be honest, I would have still said what I did, but I would have added the part of Marines and pirates being natural enemies and no Marines making an exception. But I'm glad he didn't. I don't always want to be the know-it-all.

The others look a little surprised once we come back, but Luffy and I just smile at that. "So you do magic as well?" Zoro says quietly to my ear. "I was just about to ask the same thing." Usopp appears out of thin air between us. We look at him disturbed, so he just disappears again. 

"Do you guys smell that? Smells so good!" Luffy asks. All of try but all I smell is salty moist air with this scent of fish. Maybe a little sweat. Not very appetizing.
He almost falls off the figurehead trying to follow the scent. "NAMI! Full speed ahead, follow the smell of food!" That makes total sense for him to act that way. "What? How would I know where to go? I can't even smell anything?" "Don't worry about that. I know where to go!" He orders. He has no sense of direction but would always find his way to food.
"Didn't you just give him that bowl of noodles?" Zoro asks. "I did, but you know his stomach is made out of rubber too."

Nami does what is asked of her, and eventually, we see a huge ship fade in. Usopp is on the lookout post with his spectacles, spotting it first. "Watch out! Huge ship ahead!" The closer we get, the more we are able to see. "B-Ba-Brr- Baratie? What's a Baratie?" Usopp asks.
"FOOD" Luffy screams. He is already drooling. "My guess would be a restaurant." I say.