usopp the great

I left the room to bring Usopp his water. I could hear a deep exhale from Zoro once I rounded the corner. I exhale as well, just not as loud.
"Hey Usopp, how are you handling your drinks?" "Haha, Kairi, very funny." And he barfs again. Eww, I think to myself. I must have had a disgusted face as well. He looks up for a quick second, barely opening his eyes, and goes back down to the bucket. "Well, I brought you a big glass of water. Should help keep you hydrated." Usopp chugs the water as if he hasn't had any liquids in a week. I take a step forward and check the bucket. The amount sitting inside there and everything around it is altogether quite a lot. He could definitely use another one of those glasses. "I'll get you another one." I take his glass and leave the closet room.

Instead of heading to the kitchen, I go for the bathroom. I'll just have to hope the water there is also from the filtered pipe. We do have a filtering system that allows us to drink the seawater. However, I know it is in the kitchen, maybe not in the bathroom. The salt would just worsen things so I guess I'll have to try it first.
I fill the glass to the rim, but see little marks of what I'd guess to be Usopp's digested drinks. No way in hell I drink that. No.
I lean my head under the sink and taste the water. Perfect, it's filtered. I wash Usopp's glass a little and bring it to him.

"Thanks, Kairi. Zoro was right, you truly are an angel." He starts drinking holding his glass like a five-year-old. Sitting like one too. Great. But, none of my tasks anymore. He looks well enough so he'll have to sober up himself now. "Alright then, I'll leave now."
I have no clue where Luffy or Nami are but I just head for bed. I know I won't have much time till sunrise but whatever. I am not in the mood to talk to anyone anyway.

WAIT. Zoro said what?? Just now when my head hit the pillow I realized what Usopp said. When would he have said that? When would he have told the boys? I mean when did we kiss? It was just this morning, I had been with him all day except for.. when I followed Nami after their fight.  No, that couldn't be. It's so incredibly unfitting to say something like that in such a situation.

I've been staring at the ceiling for a good bit before I get up and rush to Usopp. I need answers. God, this incident paired with the fight in a couple of hours is making me crazy.  I rush down to the room where he had been before. Not a sight of him. Maybe the bathroom? Nope. I check the kitchen but it's just Zoro, meditating. I rushed out just as quickly as I went in. He wasn't on the deck either, right? I go to check. No. Hm. Well. I walk up the stairs to my bed, when he comes out of the bathroom. How?
I call after him excitedly "Usopp!" "Kairi!" He answers just as energetically. "I was looking for you. I just checked the bathroom, where were you?" "Oh yeah, I.. uh... don't remember." He starts thinking but looks like he's stopping because of his headache. "Anyways. Earlier told me what Zoro said about me. When did he say that?" "Say what?" "He said something nice. Like uhm I'm an angel?" I don't know why but it's suddenly very embarrassing to ask him that and it's even more embarrassing that I need to know so badly.  "Oh yeah uhm well, we only know each other for like 3 days or so, so I'd say sometime then." "That's not very helpful." "Well, it's a stupid question. How would I know? He keeps saying stuff here and there. But if you need to know, I guess it could have been in Kaya's kitchen before everything happened. We've had a deep and bonding talk back there." He starts to ramble. "But it's crazy how far away the whole kuro thing feels. It's not been that long." I have everything I need. Sorry, Usopp. "Yeah tell me about it, it's been 2 nights ago. Anyway, I think you should catch up on some sleep." "Hm, well, I don't think I want to and I want to watch Zoro's fight in-" He checks his non-existent wristwatch. "-probs like 2 hours." "Yeah, you're right." I turn to leave for my bed nevertheless. "You know, I would have thought you'd spend your evening with Zoro." I stop in my tracks. Then, slowly turn around as he speaks again "You two are so cute together, makes me jealous sometimes. You never know if it will be your last night together until it's too late." I inhale sharply and deeply "But it is the last night!" I would have loved to scream in his face. But I don't because I imagine Zoro listening. The kitchen is right there and I'm not sure if the window is open.
I exhale the breath. "You know what. You are so right." I walk back down. Once I stand next to him, I quietly say "I didn't know you know." "Oh yeah no, I didn't know. But you two just fit together very well. Now I know though." He smiles at me and I return the smile.

"I should join you guys," He says optimistically, on a normal voice level. "No need." he looses his smile. "I think we need some time just the two of us." He nods understandingly. I smile and close the door behind me.