Prologue ( + AUDITION)

[2nd Person POV]

You ran a hand through your hair, letting out a tired sigh. Your room was barely lit, a small lamp sitting atop of your desk. The bags under your eyes had only been getting worse these past weeks.

You stood up from your bed, stretching a bit before your posture shrinks back, as usually. You walked towards your phone, unplugging it and grabbing it before sitting at your desk. You rubbed your tired, dry eyes in an exhausted manner. You let out a soft yawn as you turn on your phone, unlocking it, and browsing through the internet for whatever may pique your interest.

You spent a while scrolling online, with nothing ever catching your attention. At least, not until you saw a post.

"...What the hell is 'Total Drama'?" You muttered to yourself, as you squinted your eyes. The post was talking about what contestants from the previous seasons they theorized would be there. You, meanwhile, had no idea what the heck this post was about. Sure, you had heard about Total Drama before, but you were never really all that interested in it. To you, it seemed like another shitty reality TV show.

And yet, this post had seemed to get you interested. Now you wanted to know what Total Drama was, and who the contestants were, and most importantly: the drama. That was always a crucial part, It's literally even in the name.

You had managed to learn about what the show essentially was, and what the contestants had been like. Most of them had been teen stereotypes, such as the "dumb blonde" and "goth girl." However, you managed to learn a lot about the show, and before you knew it, you had come up with your own strategy to win. You figured the way you could win the show.

And that'd when it hit you. An idea. A brilliant, yet horrible idea.

"..There's a new season coming up.. and I have a strategy to win the show.." You mumbled to yourself thoughtfully.

That's it. You were going to audition, and get in, and win the show. 

The idea of playing the deceptive manipulator as a new contestant, someone that nobody knows anything about, sounded quite appealing to you. After all, you had come to admire the antagonists and villains in media. If they can do it, why can't you?

Oh, that's right. You're a shy, anxious introvert with little to no social life outside of the internet.

Well, whatever. At least, the price money sounded tempting. Let's face it, money is money.

You knew, deep inside, you were probably going to end up regretting this, but might as well go for it. What's the worst that could happen?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi there. Is.. this thing recording already?" You tilted your head slightly, looking at the camera. The red light at the top of the camera was flashing, so it was likely the camera was now filming you.

"My name's [Y/N]. This is my audition for the season of Total Drama." You took a step back from the camera, allowing for it to see you better. You had bothered to at least fix yourself up a bit from your previous messy state for the audition recording.

"I think I'd make a good contestant for Total Drama. It'd probably be good for the ratings to bring a new, fresh face in. Someone that no one knows anything about. And I'd say I'm your best bet." You gave the camera your best charming smile. "I'd be good for adding drama to the show, believe it or not. Although, maybe I'm lying." You chuckle quietly.

"If you really wanna see the skills I have to bring to the show, then go ahead. Put me on the show, and see what happens." Then, you time for the recording was coming to an end, so you stopped filming. Once you did, you cringed at your audition.

"Ew, that was so bad, but I'm not re-doing that again." You grumble as you roll your eyes. You had then submitted it, attached to an email. 

You were immediately began to stress out about whether or not you'd be put into the show. You kind of felt as if you wanted to back out now. Can you back out? No. No you can't. It's probably too late to. You let out a sigh of exasperation.

----------------------------------------