Chapter 2 | Walk Like an Egyptian - Part 2

[2nd Person POV]

"Ooh, look! Team colors!" Izzy pointed to the rug, which was pink, under her team's camel. "Why the heck is our mat yellow?! We're no cowards!" Harold protested. "Relax, sugar. The mat's gold 'cause Team Victory is in first place!" Leshawna responded.

"I can't believe Duncan got disqualified, just 'cause he won't sing!" Gwen spoke. "Maybe he can't  sing." "Oh, he can do anything he sets his mind to. And now he's stuck on the plane, waiting for a ride home! Poor thing.. he must be miserable." Courtney replied to Heather, before seeming more worried about Duncan. 

You knew for sure he was better off in the stupid plane than out here. If you were in his place, you sure as hell wouldn't be miserable, and you'd bet he'd feel the same. But hey, money is money, so you're not going anywhere.

"Duncan and Courtney fans will be devastated, but I think you and Owen have a shot at becoming fave Total Drama couple on my fan site." Sierra approached Team Amazon, speaking to Izzy. "Owen's magic. When he breathes, his nose whistles the National Anthem!" Both you and Sierra glanced out of curiosity and you heard it. "Super cute!" Sierra replied. You begged to differ meanwhile, but didn't say a thing.

"But he's no Cody. Did you know Cody slept with a stuffed Emu named Jerry until he was... Well, okay, he still does." She said as Cody walked by, causing you to raise an eyebrow. 'I'm sorry, but why the fuck does she know this?'  You thought. "And you know this how?" Noah asked pretty much exactly what you were thinking. "I called his aunt once. I pretended I was a telemarketer!" "Ooh, stalkerlicious." You almost felt a smile forming on your lips as you held back a laugh. You hoped no one noticed that.

Suddenly, you all heard the familiar sounds of cymbals crashing, which startled most of you. "Don't know about you guys, but I am loving  Egypt." Chris chuckled, sitting on top of an intern's back as another intern fanned him with a large leaf. He ate some grapes from the bowl on his lap. "And I'm gonna love it even more watching you  enjoy your second challenge: The Amazing Camel Race!"

"Where are the other camels?" "There are no other camels! It's a camel  race. Not a camels  race." Chris replied to Harold, who was confused. "Yes!" "What?!" Heather cheered, while Alejandro exclaimed in shock. "We won last time! But they get a camel, they get a goat, and we get a stick?!" Leshawna quickly protested, furrowing her brows.

"Each reward has its advantages. Trust me. You'll be racing to the world's most infamous waterway: The Nile! Teams must bring their rewards all the way to the finish. You have 60 seconds to strategize!" Chris explained.

Alejandro began to speak to you and your team. "We need no camel. We have each other, and we are unstoppable! We have the will, and the strength, and together.. we will triumph!" "Yeah!" "Yeah!" "Alright!" The guys cheered while you and Sierra stood there unamused. You gave a thumbs up in reply, not really caring at all.

CONFESSIONAL: SIERRA

"Look, I'm the number one Total Drama super fan. It says so right in my blog. But Alejandro? He's never even been on TV before. I've never seen him  in QT Monthly! I do not know what these girls see in him. They're loco." Sierra crossed her arms.

====================================

CONFESSIONAL: BRIDGETTE

"Geoff, okay.. I know maybe it looks bad, but I want you to know that I was not  swooning over Alejandro. It was just the heat! I just wanna run my fingers through your thick, dark- blonde! Blonde hair!" Bridgette swooned, before quickly correcting herself.

=====================================

CONFESSIONAL: [Y/N]

"That Alejandro guy? Real inspiring and whatnot, blah blah blah." You rolled your eyes, making a talking sign with your hand. "But I could not care any less about that pathetic speech of his. We don't really have much of an advantage with that sad excuse of a goat. It probably can't even carry all of us. But at least we're not Team Victory, stuck with a stupid stick. And that's good enough for me, I guess." You shrugged.