Chapter 7 | The Am-AH-Zon Race

[2nd Person POV]

"..Oh no... engine failure.." "Will you pipe down already?" Alejandro stabbed his elbow into Owen's side. Owen's drool fell into puddles in the economy class floor. It was a disgusting sight.

"eugheg.. crash position..!!" Owen then screamed, spinning his arms in circles. You and Izzy managed to dodge, but Alejandro got punched in the face, falling to the ground. Owen then awoke from his slumber. "Whoa.. what a terrible dream! Al, what happened?" One of Alejandro's eyes now had a purple bruise.

"Nothing a little ice and revenge won't fix." "Cool. Wait. Did you say revenge?" "Of course not. Off-topic, do you have any.. serious allergies?" "Uh, let's see now." Welp. Now you knew that if anyone here was gonna die, it was Owen.

CONFESSIONAL: OWEN

"Sometimes I get the feeling Al might.. slightly not totally like me. Punching him in the face? Probably didn't help. Unless he likes that kinda thing. Fingers crossed." Owen crossed his fingers, winking at the camera.

=================================

Chef, wearing a nurse's outfit, slapped an eyepatch onto Alejandro's eye and walked away. Noah sat against the wall, peacefully sleeping with his mouth wide open. Some turbulence in the plane caused a rat to fall into his mouth, which woke him up. He spat the rat out.

"Ugh! Stupid economy class!" "Being back here has some  perks." Tyler laid against the airplane wall with his arms behind his head, smiling at Lindsay, who waved at him with a smile. 

"Next time we get on this plane, we better be back in first class." "Yeah, cool! Let's be a team! A team that gets along. All of us, with everyone forgiving anything that might have ever happened by accident.. Or whatever. YEAH!" Owen pulled Alejandro close, accidentally pushing him away as he cheered.

CONFESSIONAL: [Y/N]

"So, this is how things are, as far as I can see. Alejandro clearly hates, or at least dislikes Owen. Tyler is more focused focused on Lindsay now that she actually remembers him. Owen has no idea that Alejandro hates his guts. And Izzy and Noah are just here, I guess." You sighed softly.

"As much as I want Alejandro out of the game, I have no chance convincing my team to vote for him. Most of them see him as a leader of sorts, and I'm just some quiet loser that happens to be their teammate. As I see it, either Me, Tyler, or Owen could possibly get voted out if we lose. Me, for obvious reasons. I'm basically dead weight to the team. Tyler's probably gonna end up getting distracted by Lindsay, and I doubt anyone here would appreciate that. And Alejandro can't stand Owen, and because he's basically the leader, he could easily convince the rest of the team to vote for Owen."

You pinched the bridge of your nose in frustration. "I've acknowledged that I need to pull my weight more around here. But I really don't have the energy to. What a fucking pain in the ass."

=================================

"Brace for landing! We've arrived at our next destination: The Amazon! Buuut, the runway's a liiiitle short." You immediately clung to your seat for dear life. Others in the economy class got the same idea.

"Gosh, I hope none of the Amazons said this might be lucky for them. That'd be disastrous!" Chris spoke sarcastically before laughing to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The plane landed, or rather crashed, into your destination. You and the other contestants got out of the plane, splitting up into your teams.

"Welcome to Peru! Birthplace of the mighty Amazon River. This challenge is called: 'The Am- AAAAH - Zon Race. Teams must hike along an ancient Inca trail through the Peruvian jungle, all the way to Machu Picchu. Hidden somewhere among the ruins of Machu Picchu, a golden treasure awaits discovery. Find the treasure to win first class passage to our next destination. Last team to arrive at Machu Picchu will have to send someone out the elimination door. And be warned. The jungle contains many vicious insects." Chris explained, before Cody raised his hand.