Chapter 4 | Anything Yukon Do, I Can Do Better

[2nd Person POV]

Your team was sitting in economy class again. The only sound, for the longest time, was Owen's loud snoring. That was, until DJ spoke. "Harold's num-yo? Where'd ya find that?" "Dang fool wanted me to have it." Leshawna smiled, looking at the yo-yo. "I'm really sorry he's gone."

"And - how is everyone back here? That is what I would ask if I cared. Coming through, make way." Many of the contestants sent Chris a glare. "Where are you taking us next? Ugh, can it please be someplace where there's no pinball of any kind?" Leshawna spoke.

"Or pandas." "Or candied fish tails." DJ and Noah added. "Huh? What? Fish tails? Where??" Owen woke up from his slumber at the mention of food. "Our next destination is everything you've just asked for."

At some point, the bell signaling you and the other contestants to put your seatbelts on went off. Leshawna's seatbelt didn't quite buckle, and she hit her head against the roof of the plane, as her and everyone else screamed.

"We got some nasty air bumps. Lock your butts to a seat. Over!" "You don't need to say over." "I like saying it. OVER!" Chef spoke after Chris' comment.

"AAAAH WE'RE GONNA DIEEE" Owen screamed, something you and the others were probably used to by now. Alejandro put his hand on Owen's shoulder and suddenly, Owen fell back asleep. Lindsay and Bridgette were crossing their fingers and praying. Noah tried to put his seatbelt on, only for it to break. "Perfect." He sarcastically muttered.

After some turbulence, the plane had stopped. You and the other contestants began to exit. While exiting, you noticed how far above the ground the plane was, and stopped. However, the person behind you bumped into you, causing you to fall down. You fell among the other contestants, who had the same thing happen to them.

"Welcome to the Yukon!" Chris exclaimed. It was cold and snowy, a climate you weren't too prepared for. Sure, you assumed you'd be traveling to colder locations, but didn't know exactly when, so you were unprepared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and the other contestants were lined up at the starting line. Since it was freezing, you were all bracing yourselves, and shivering. "Um, hello? Where are our jackets?!" "Relax, I ordered coats for everyone." Everyone cheered. "They won't be ready for weeks but, as soon as they arrive, I'll be sure to hand them out." Aaaand, cue everyone's disappointment.

"M-Maybe we should.. huddle for warmth?" Courtney suggested. Cody immediately went to Gwen, who pushed him away. Sierra took the opportunity to pull him into a hug. You watched as most of the girls went to huddle with Alejandro. He stumbled back, causing you to stifle a laugh.

Noah went to hug Bridgette, who rejected him. "I-I have a boyfriend!" Owen pulled Noah into a bone-crushing hug. "You can cuddle me, buddy!" You swore you heard something break, and you grimaced slightly. 'Oh shit, that sounded like it hurt.'

"Little chilly without mittens." "Cocoa?" "Don't mind if I do!" Chef handed Chris some cocoa, which he gladly drank. Bridgette and Alejandro made eye contact. Alejandro smiled at her, which caused her to smile back. "Ah, much better." Owen suddenly appeared next to Chris, catching the scent of the hot cocoa. "You gonna finish that?" "Of course he is. It's Chris' favorite drink!" Sierra spoke.

"Wrong. My f-" "Second only to tomato juice." She added. "That's.. not on the fan site. How'd you-?" "I went to to your high school and interviewed all your old teachers for the unauthorized biography I'm writing. They said-" "Okay, okay. Moving on." Chris covered Sierra's mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Crossing the icy river in Canada's frozen tundra used to be easy.  Back when the river was frozen solid! But thanks to global warming-" Owen farted. "-And Owen, Earth is finally becoming a lot more interesting. By which I mean.. DEADLY!" Chris spoke. Izzy cheered while everyone else kept quiet, shivering.