𝟎𝟎𝟕

𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝟎𝟎𝟕 ;

𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝟎𝟎𝟕 ;

𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥

『••✎••』

' Dear Mariposa,

I hope you're settling in quite nicely at your new school. Have they sorted you into houses? Which one have you achieved? I'll bet it is something promising.

How are your studies coming along? Have you been doing your pre-reading as I suggested? And not of those plant books or books about monsters - your charms, stuns, jinxes, and transfiguring - those will be helping you in the real world.

The house is very quiet without you, your mother and I have been spending a lot of time together recently, you must come and see us during the Christmas break although I suppose you will want to spend that time with your friends? Let us know, we could plan a trip back home and celebrate with the rest of the family. Your grandmother and grandfather have sent you some gifts to commemorate this new feat, I trust you will be writing back with gratitude.

Your mother has asked me to insert a couple of photos from last year in this envelope too, we made sure to send the pictures you look beautiful in. We miss you Mariposa, it will be good to see you again soon.

I trust when the time comes you will have great news regarding your examination results to share. You mentioned wanting to try Quidditch? I have written to your uncle to provide his newest design of a broom for you - he calls it a 'FireBolt', the fastest broom of the century, that ought to keep you ahead.

Your mother says she loves and misses you very much and will be writing to you soon, she is currently away with her friends for an engagement party so I have been spending some time alone.

Work hard Mariposa, make us proud.

Love,

Your father. '

Estrella couldn't hold back her tears. Make us proud If anything running out of a lesson crying was the exact opposite. How does she expect to amount to anything if she can't even turn a Boggart into a laughingstock? Re-reading this letter, she couldn't force herself to write a response, nothing her father would want to hear would come from it.

After her episode yesterday, Estrella kept to herself most of the classes, her friend's attempts to console her being in vain. She felt her stomach rumble, placing a hand over it she looked over at the clock - 10:15 - if she headed down now she would be able to eat the plate Isabella saved her and wave everyone goodbye. She placed the letter on her nightstand and stood to walk out of her dorm when something falling caught the peripheral of her eye.