𝟎𝟎𝟗

𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝟎𝟎𝟗

𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝟎𝟎𝟗

𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞

『••✎••』

Saturday morning rolled around faster than Estrella could say ay dios mio and she was petrified.

"Bring the win home for Slytherin today won't you?" A 6th yearwitch walked passed the two armchairs in the corner of the Slytherin common room.

Occupying them was a pale-faced, motionless Estrella, who nodded at the girl absent-mindedly before returning her gaze to the green embers of the fire, and Isabella who paid her no mind as she tried coaxing her best friend out of her absent state.

"You've done this a million times before," Isabella put a hand on her knee. "What makes this one so different?"

"Because I was the best out of a 'dreadful' bunch. You heard Marcus, none of us were up to par!"

"Marcus is just saying that because he's an arse, he would not have picked you if he didn't think you were going to help Slytherin win."

"He only picked me because of my Firebolt. He liked the extra speed it gave me."

"Well then you're already at an advantage, so use it," Isabella stressed, standing up and grabbing Estrella's arms and pulling her up. "Come on, you need to eat before you pass out in the air."

"Maybe I'll just starve then." Estrella quipped.

Isabella punched her in the gut for that.

Entering the Great Hall, the two headed to the Slytherin table. Isabella forced Estrella to sit, filling her plate with an assortment of proteins and placing it in front of her. "Eat."

And so she did, blocking out all kinds of negative thoughts that made her legs lock up. Estrella was doing well, her plate almost cleared and with every bite feeling a little more assured, that was until a shadow cast over her plate of food, a shadow she knew would bring no good.

"Marcus must've been drunk off his head on Firewhiskey to have picked you," Malfoy's voice rang out about her. Estrella turned around to see him in Quidditch uniform and gaped in shock. "Seriously, your version of Quidditch is probably underwater."

"Wait- You're on the team?"

"Yes," Malfoy stressed the hiss. "I'm the seeker."

Estrella felt giggles climbing up the back of her throat, tears brimming in her eyes with amusement. "You can't be serious? You? The same idiot who has been using his broken arm for attention is Slytherin's seeker."

"I'll have you know-"

"Know what? That Marcus is letting anyone in? Yeah, I might've played Quidditch underwater but at least I didn't practice hiding behind my Father's fat arse."