𝟎𝟎𝟐

𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝟎𝟎𝟐 ;𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏

𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝟎𝟎𝟐 ;
𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏

『••✎••』

It was the evening before her first day at Hogwarts and Estrella laid in her bed, tossing and turning but couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep. She could still feel the electric buzz that rushed through her when she held the boy's hand, and his smile when they looked into each other's eyes was still fresh in her mind. "Eugh," She whined. "Why can't I stop thinking about him."

She looked out her window, the long dusty train tracks and cramped council buildings gave her a view of utter depression. "How do No-Maj's do it?" She wondered out loud, sitting up and walking over to the window. Her hand rested against the cool glass as her eyes went in and out of focus as she thought.

Tomorrow was the start of a new life for her, and she wasn't entirely sure she was ready for it.

 A soft knock came from the door and the girl turned to see her father's head poking through. He beckoned her over and as she walked towards him she could see that he was dressed in his normal daytime attire.

"Papa? Why are you dressed?" She pulled the door open wider to see her mother stood behind him as well.

Her father said nothing but brought his wand and tapped the top of Estrella's head, making her flinch away. It took only a few moments for her pajamas to change into a small black patterned dress, a pair of low black Doc Martens, and proceeded to hand her a long black blazer coat. "Where are we going Papa?"

"While we were out shopping there was something I wanted to buy, but I didn't get the chance due to your little shw." He started, taking his cane from the wall it was rested on, and started to walk ahead. Estrella waited for her mother to catch up and laced their fingers together while rolling her eyes at her father's snide comment. "...So we are going to a shop called Borgin and Burkes in Knockturn Alley."

"But I thought you said that was where all the dodgy people stayed."

 "Who said we weren't dodgy?" He chuckled softly. Although it was meant to be a joke, Estrella could sense the underlying truth from his statement. Her father wasn't normal at all, so I guess you could say that he would fit right in.

The streets of Diagon Alley were cold and eerie, each dark corner spiking a little worry in Estrella and sending a cold shiver down her spine. "Nearly there," Her father hummed as they made a right turn into an alleyway and walked down some cobbles steps. At last, they had reached the dusty shop her father had mentioned before. Estrella peered inside the dirty window and could barely make out a man, dozing off at the front desk. Lovely, another lunatic.

As the trio entered the shop, Estrella decided it was best to hang back with her mother and let her father do the talking. She listened intently and caught the murmurs of their conversation but not fully. It was often that she caught the man at the desk looking straight at her with a full smile, making her cringe at the colour of his teeth. Soon enough her father beckoned her forward and the girl slowly shuffled forward, her head bowed and fingers laced together.