𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝟎𝟏𝟏

𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝.

『••✎••』

"Is there no chance of fixing it?" Lupin asked, referring to Harry's broom, as he, Harry and Estrella walked through the vast trees to the edge of the Black Lake. Harry sighed, mumbling a dejected "No.". His broom was one of his most prized possessions and without it, without flying, Harry felt as though there were chains on his ankles, weighing him down. Every step was a challenge, Estrella felt it too the aftermath of yesterday's flare-up making her head pulse and swell. This bond wasn't kind and they didn't know how to appease it.

"Professor, why do the dementors affect me so?" Harry pulled on Lupin's cloak slightly to slow him down, "More than everyone else."

Hedwig flew over them, landing on Estrella's shoulder and giving her an affectionate peck. The young witch cooed at the sweet owl, digging in her pocket for some treats.

Not too many Harry's voices floated into her mind She raided her treat pouch two days ago.

"Naughty girl, Hedwig," Estrella giggled quietly, her eyes pools of adoration as she watched her nibble on the treats.

Lupin smiled softly watching the two, still in disbelief he was watching them communicate silently, before catching Harry's attention. "Listen, Harry, Dementors are amongst the foulest creatures to walk this earth, they feed on every good feeling, every happy memory," He started to hobble ahead, cursing his stupid walking stick with every step, "until a person is left with absolutely nothing but his worst experiences."

"It's not because you're weak Harry," Estrella caught up to his pace, lacing their fingers together as the three of them watched Hedwig take off, spiralling higher. "They affect you most because there are true horrors in your past. Horrors we can't begin to imagine."

"Thanks, El," Harry sighed, "But because they affect me, they're going to affect you too. I'm scared you might get hurt because of me. I'm scared I'm going to get hurt."

"Well, I'd consider you both a fool if you weren't." Lupin chuckled, as they made it to the river's edge. He sat down on the stone bench overlooking the vast lake, accompanied by Estrella while Harry stood behind them, petting Hedwig who had perched on a tree stump. He needed to learn how to fight them, Harry concluded. He refused to let the Dementors take everything good from him when he only just got them.

He couldn't lose those so close to his heart, selfishly Harry wanted to keep them forever. They were his most prized possessions.

Inaya, who never hesitates to give Harry a shoulder to cry on. Comforted him when he came to terms with the fact that he was unlucky with the Dursleys but showed him what it means to have a sister.