Sweet Nothing ❤️

This one probably sucks because I wrote it in the middle of the night.

You and Taylor are snuggling on the couch, your head on her chest. You're so close to sleep, your eyes shut. Taylor is playing with your hair, watching Friends with the volume quiet. Her other hand is on the small of your back.

As soon as you're about to completely fall asleep, you and Taylor begin to hear your daughter, Ivy, cry from her nursery. You both lift your heads, when Taylor sees your sleepy expression she pauses the show and smiles down at you.

"I've got her, go back to sleep."
You let her stand up and put your head back down, closing your eyes and starting to go to sleep again. Taylor makes her way into the nursery and over to the bassinet. She smiles down at the fussing baby, scooping Ivy into her arms.

"Shh, it's okay. It's okay, my little angel."
She whispers, starting to rock her and kiss her forehead. Ivy keeps crying, the resemblance between her and Taylor makes your heart swell. It has since you first realized it.

Taylor continues shushing and rocking her, gently patting her bottom. She knows Ivy's not hungry, doesn't have a full diaper and isn't gassy. She kisses her forehead and quickly realizes what she can do to get her back to sleep.

"Aww, you want me to sing to you, don't you, my angel?"
Ivy seems to quiet down a little just at the suggestion, and Taylor chuckles. She sits on the rocking chair, holding Ivy close to her chest and starting to sing softly.

Surprisingly, Ivy's favorite song isn't Ivy. The song that always calms little Ivy down is Sweet Nothing, it makes Taylor laugh when she thinks about it, but she doesn't mind singing any song Ivy likes.

"I spy with my little tired eye
Tiny as a firefly
A pebble that we picked up last July
Down deep inside your pocket
We almost forgot it
Does it ever miss Wicklow sometimes?"

"They said the end is coming
Everyone's up to something
I find myself running home to your sweet nothings
Outside, they're pushing and shoving
You're in the kitchen humming
All that you ever wanted from me was sweet nothing."

"On the way home
I wrote a poem
You say, "What a mind"
This happens all the time."

"'Cause they said the end is coming
Everyone's up to something
I find myself running home to your sweet nothings
Outside, they're pushing and shoving
You're in the kitchen humming
All that you ever wanted from me was nothing."

"Industry disruptors and soul deconstructors
And smooth-talking hucksters out glad-handing each other
And the voices that implore, "You should be doing more"
To you, I can admit that I'm just too soft for all of it."

"They said the end is coming
Everyone's up to something
I find myself running home to your sweet nothings
Outside, they're pushing and shoving
You're in the kitchen humming
All that you ever wanted from me was sweet nothing."

"They said the end is coming
Everyone's up to something
I find myself running home to your sweet nothings
Outside, they're pushing and shoving
You're in the kitchen humming
All that you ever wanted from me was sweet nothing."

Even though Ivy is asleep by the second verse, she finishes the song. She smiles and kisses her little forehead, standing up and gently laying her back into the bassinet. Whispering how much she loves her before she leaves the room as quietly as possible, coming back into the living room.

Her heart races when she sees you curled up sleeping on the couch. She shuts the TV off and carries you to the room. She tucks you in and climbs in next to you, starting to snuggle you. You sleep peacefully in her arms, and she smiles at your sleeping face.

"I love you, y/n/n."
She whispers, pulling you close and tucking herself and you in. She kisses your cheek, feeling her eyelids grow heavy. She closes her eyes, she knows she'll probably be up with Ivy in a few hours, but she just wants to cuddle you for now. Your daughter is sleeping in the room just down the hall, and she feels happy as she falls to sleep with you in her arms.