Mary's Song (Oh My My My) ❤️

You're seven years old, laughing as a nine-year-old Taylor makes a silly face at you. You watch with bright and shiny eyes. She always makes you laugh and smile, she's your best friend. Your dad always teases you about falling in love with her, but you never pay any mind because Taylor's your friend. 

"Okay, okay. Y/n it's your turn, and then we can go back to the tree house." Taylor says excitedly, pointing towards the big tree that's been in her backyard since you can remember. You nod and smile. 

"Tay, truth or dare?"

"Dare, and it has to be good, or I'll beat you up!" You giggle at Taylor's empty threat. She would never ever hurt you despite being taller than you, and you know that. You begin to think, tapping your chin to add dramatics. The perfect one comes to mind, and you grin. 

"Hmm, kiss me." Taylor immediately blushes, and you think it may be too far until she starts leaning in. Just as her lips are about to touch yours, you giggle and run the other way towards the old tree house. Taylor laughs and races after you, not noticing her dad and your dad watching from the porch joking about the two of you, your mothers rolling their eyes and saying, 'oh my my my'. 

------------------------------

Taylor's eyes are bright as she looks over to you, you're the most beautiful thing in the world to her, sitting at the edge of the creek kicking your feet in the cool water. The smile on her face is unbreakable. She reaches over, takes your hand in hers and squeezes it softly.

"Hey, it's getting late. We don't want our parents to worry." Her voice is soft and sweet, a tone she's taken up with you since she first told you how much she truly likes you. You giggle and nod, letting her lead you to her truck. There, you both almost have a heart attack when you realize it's 2 in the morning. 

Luckily, neither of your parents minded. Just joked about it the next time they were together, your dads talking about you two falling in love and your moms rolling their eyes and saying, 'oh my my my.' Only they had no idea how right they were. 

----------------------------

Taylor tries to grab your wrist but instead you simply slam the door in her face. She's taken aback, she's never seen you like this and she doesn't even know what she did wrong. She sits down on the front porch steps with a defeated sigh. She may not know what she did, but she knows she screwed up.

She remembers the harsh words you threw at each other instead of kissing goodnight, like you usually do. This hasn't happened before, and she's worried it will be the end. She stays there, right there on the porch steps until the sun comes up. It's cold, but she doesn't care. She stays and thinks about what she did to make you upset. 

She stays until you come out the next morning, immediately apologizing to you. Wrapping her arms around you and promising you that she loves you. You both apologize and end up kissing on the porch, holding each other close and not caring that you end up being late to your first class. 

----------------------------

5 years have passed since then, you've both graduated and have moved into a small home together. Nothing's changed, you're still the most important thing to her and she wants to spend the rest of her life with you. She asks you to marry her while visiting her old home where you first played truth or dare all those years ago. You say yes.  

You say "I do" a few months later, and she does too. You watch as her mom and your mom cry, almost the whole town is there. She looks at you the same way she always has, like you're the only star in the sky.

Taylor ends up surprising you with bringing you to her old childhood home and telling you that's it where you'll spend the rest of your years together. It's where you also end up rocking both your daughter and son to sleep under the stars more times than you can count, 

----------------------------

You're eighty-seven and she's eighty-nine, sitting on the porch that's brought so many memories. She looks over to you, that same look in her eyes that's always been there. Your children are grown and have their own families now, it's just the two of you again, watching over the old tree house. 

Hey, y'all, so sorry if this sucks, I just wanted to give y'all something because I haven't been posting for a while. Sorry about that too. Just been busy with school and other projects. Also, kind of have a new format, tell me what you think.

Please go listen to this song because it's so underrated.