Never Grow Up ❤️

I don't really have anything to say besides sorry for the lack of updates, but I do have a new book that's just me talking about Tay so if you wanna check it out it's on my page. This is a very sweet chapter to make up for it 😞✊

The hospital room is painted an ugly shade of grey and the floors are hideous beige tiles. The bed you're lying in and the chair she's sitting in, aren't the most comfortable places in the world. But neither of you is focused on the room or even the places you're resting in, you're both only focused on her.

"She's so precious."
Taylor is the first to speak, more like a whisper, breaking the silent atmosphere. You smile and nod your head in agreement, she really is precious. And even though you two weren't supposed to know whose egg took, it's pretty obvious she's Taylor's.
Her nose is what makes you so sure, it's identical to Tay's.

"She's perfect."
You reply, your voice quiet and soft, not wanting to disturb the sleeping baby in your arms. You can't pull your eyes away from her, you haven't been able to since the doctor held her up. She's just so little and innocent, you never want to look away from her. Taylor doesn't either, her eyes are glued onto her, she still can't believe that the small baby in your arms is her daughter too.

"She looks so much like you, Tay."
Taylor feels her heart start to race with that, and it's true, she's her little twin. You lean into Taylor, sighing softly. You're sore and tired, but never happier. This is everything you've ever wanted with Taylor, and now you finally have a beautiful family together.

Taylor smiles and kisses your forehead, her lips lingering for a moment. She's tired too and her hand kind of hurts from when you were squeezing it, but she wouldn't dare complain about it. She's most likely never going to complain about her pain in front of you again after seeing what you went through to get Ivy into the world.

"I'm so proud of you, you did really good today."
She says, her eyes on you. You manage to break your eyes away from Ivy and up to meet hers. You smile gratefully, in all honesty, you wouldn't have been able to do it without Taylor's sweet words of encouragement, her praise, or her offering her hands for you to hold onto.

"I couldn't have done it without you. You were so sweet...you always are but either way, you made it manageable."
You say and you look back to Ivy and back over to Taylor. You realize Taylor hasn't gotten a chance to hold her yet, she's only been watching as you do.

"Tay, do you want to hold her? She's your daughter too."
Taylor tenses for a moment, she wants to, so badly. But she's scared, she's scared of hurting her. She's so tiny and fragile, even though it's a little ridiculous because Taylor is one of the most gentle people you know. She couldn't hurt a fly.

"What if I hurt her?"
Taylor is looking at Ivy again, she wants to hold her so bad but she is so unsure. You shake your head, rolling your eyes fondly. You know she wants to, you can tell by her face and the way throughout the whole pregnancy would talk about the moment she could finally hold her.

"Don't be silly, Tay. You won't hurt her, come here."
You scoot over a little bit and Taylor gets up from the chair, instead sitting in the bed beside you. You ever so carefully place Ivy into Taylor's awaiting arms, smiling wide when you see the tears fill Taylor's eyes.

She holds Ivy close, careful not to disturb her, but she finds it hard to contain herself when Ivy wraps her tiny hand around Taylor's pointer finger. Taylor's thumb softly runs across her fragile hand, leaning forward and kissing her cheek.

You lean your head onto Taylor's shoulder, watching with heavy eyes as Taylor snuggles your daughter for the first time. Taylor lets you rest on her, she knows you're exhausted. Besides she's too focused on Ivy to notice that you fall asleep on her shoulder.

"Hi, little angel. I'm going to make sure nobody ever hurts you, ever. Me and your mommy both. We're going to have so much fun together, and once you're old enough, Mommy can bring you to my shows. We have three cats too, Dibbles and Benji will love you, I'm not sure Mer will show it, but she's definitely going to love you. I know I love you, Mommy does too but she's really sleepy right now."

Taylor keeps whispering to Ivy, telling her all the adventures you'll all go on, warning her about the cats, telling her about all the songs she's going to write about her, just like she did throughout your whole pregnancy. She tells Ivy about the fans, about Nana Andrea, Papa Scott, Uncle Austin, Aunt Selena, and all the family that's going to love and spoil her rotten.

And when she runs out of things to tell her about, she decides it's time to finally reveal why she had to reschedule the next 6 months' worth of shows to the world. You two have discussed this, so she knows you're okay with it. She carefully takes her phone out and snaps a quick picture, quickly captioning it and posting it. Turning off her phone immediately after, wanting to just focus on you and baby Ivy.

Liked by blakelively and 10,897,233 others

taylorswift words can't describe how happy I am to share with you all that the reason the next 6 months of shows were postponed was because of this little cutie. She's my little twin and the sweetest cuddle monster ever. But make sure to go to @y/nswift and tell her how proud you are because she's the reason this is all possible, she's the real trooper. (P.s she's doing absolutely wonderful, just extra sleepy right now) Welcome to this crazy world, Ivy Majorie Swift. ❤️

I love you all endlessly but please understand my only focus for the next few months is my family. (But I'll be back in the studio soon 😉) and please respect the privacy we wish to keep at this time. ❤️😊😺

See all 2,210,013 comments

blakelively Oh my God!!!!! She's such a little cutie!!!! I can't wait to meet her ❤️❤️
taylornation whoo hoo!!!! Baby Swift!!!
Username1 awwwww she looks so sweet
Username2 that's the cutest name ever omfg
Username3 mother is actually a mother now?!?!
Username4 this is how I find out Y/n was pregnant?!?? WHAT?!