Prologue - The boy who survived

The fourth porch of Little Whingin Surrey, Privet Drive, was as glitzy as it gets. The porchlight was off but the porch was illuminated with the flashing LED lights strobing through the window blinds. The glass screen door was rattling with the booming bass of the speakers blasting Timber by Pitbull ft Ke$ha. Inside this house lived a couple with their kid, the family was the coolest on the block, each member of the family more slay than the last.

Outside the house lying, curled up on the mat, was a woman in her later years of life, she had a large fuzzy sequined headband with cat ears perched on her head. She would have been in a peaceful sleep had it not been for the blasting party taking place inside the house. With a sigh she sat up, propping her head on her hand, glancing at her watch on the opposite wrist.

"Where are you Dummydoor?" she purred to herself looking impatient.
"Peekaboo! Here I am!" An old man with a beard longer than life said, peeking around the corner of the porch.

The old woman mewed and jumped up, her back arched, smoothing her robe. "Dummydoor, you're late."

"A mafia man is never early, nor is he early, he-" Dummydoor began before getting interrupted by the woman again.

"Yes yes Dummydoor, 'he arrives precisely when he means to' I don't care, do you have the package?"
Dummydoor's orbs twinkled with knowledge. "Yes, it's on its way, it should be arriving with Hagrid in T-5 seconds."

The woman was taken aback, "You have Hagrid with the package? Is that safe, you know as well as I that Hagrid tends to have a- short memory."

Dummydoor chuckled and said "I think you mean tall memory."
The sounds of a whirring motor filled the air, not as loud at the booming house, but still loud. Dummydoor and the woman peeked around the coroner.
Down the street, a very large, very hairy man was riding down the street on his motorcycle.
"Hagrid!" Dummydoor yelled over the sound of the booming house.
The hairy man, named Hagrid, smiled and held up a small fluffy package in the air.

"Got the goods Dummydoor sir!" Hagrid boomed, his deep voice was loud. Hagrid tossed the package to the startled woman. She peeked over the bundle of blankets and saw a baby face, the baby face had a huge hole in it, still gushing blood.

"Poor baby, I can't believe he survived, you know who." She whispered, brushing his baby hairs out of his face.

"I can," Dummydoor said, looking at the boy. "Captain Valdimar should be out of the force for a while, considering the fact that he shot a baby. They say he feels so guilty he's trying to quit the police force as we speak."

"Pathetic," Mutters Hagrid.
"Well, why are we at this house? The music is dreadful, we should take the baby to an orphanage or something," the old woman said, still holding the baby.

"An orphanage ho ho ho!" Dummydoor chortled. "Normally I would say yes, just get rid of the child, but this is James and Lily's son, two of my favorite pupils..." Dummydoor trailed off, looking sadly at the ground. The woman sniffed at that, wiping away tears from under her glasses. "I can't believe two of our best mafia members were killed by that blasted cop!" She exclaimed, a single tear cascading down her face and into the bullet hole in the baby's face.

"I'm afraid this is the Durslays house- that is to mean Lily's sister's house. The boy will be staying with his relatives" Dummydoor explained with a tone of finality, before snatching the baby out of the woman's hands. "So long baby boo" Dummydoor whispered sadly to the boy before setting him down on the porch. "Let's go, Hagrid."