Chapter 9 - attack of Harry Ghosts

The boys followed her as she walked around, they started to approach a bathroom, a girls bathroom.

"Right, 'Mione, why are we walking into the girls' lavatory? Seeing as were boys it seems silly to do that." Harry said.

Hermione waved her hand dismissively, "No no silly quaker, this is the bathroom where decaying myrtyl died, no one uses it anymore because they never removed her body when she died, they just left it there to decay, so it smells awful in there."

Harry did not understand why that meant they should use it, but continued to follow his friend to the bathroom..

"What's that?" Ron said, looking up.

"What's what- oh," Hermione said as she followed Rons gaze.
On the wall, above the bathroom door, written in red ink was a message.

"The Secret chamber has been opened, Enemies of the heir beware" Harry read out.

"Sounds like a poet wrote that, it rhymes," Ron said, before repeating the phrase, seeing how it sounded on his tongue. The trio stared up at the wall.

Harry's gaze traveled down the wall and he looked at the floor, there was a cat, its body was flopped, looking dead on the floor.

"Look at the dead cat mates." Harry said, pointing to the scruffy creature. Hermione and ron looked, they frowned.

"Whos kitty is that?" Hermione asked, and Harry walked over to the cat, grabbing it around the throat, to check if it had a name tag.

"There's not a collar." Harry said, hard outstretched with the cats neck still in his clenched fist.

"Mrs Nurrus! Tututut!" A call came from down the hallway, out of sight. The triumvirate ignored it. Still watching the cat.

"Look Hermione, does this look like a cat that belongs to someone you know?" Harry asked, shoving the dead harry cat in front of Hermione's face.

"No," Hermione said.

"Mrs. Nurrus! Where are you! Your daddy misses you!!" the voice was louder, Harry showed Ron the cat.
"Wot 'bout you fuzznut. Recognize this cat?" Harry asked. Ron scrunched his face up in thought, and was about to shake his head, when a loud shriek ripped through the air.

"My cat! Oh what have you done to my cat!"

The trio turned and saw Flonch, the janitor, who was skip hobble running his old bones self over to the lot.

"You killed my cat!" Flonch spat out, tears streaming down his face.
"I did not!" Harry shouted, still holding onto the dead cat by its neck."

Flinch snatched Mrs Nurrus from Harrys fist and hugged her to his chest as he fell to his knees, a loud popping sound coming from his knee joints. Harry rolled his orbs at the janitor.

"Wotever mate, I'm sure you'll get over it soon."

Flonch was shaking holding his cat, looking very upset. She seemed to be breathing, but she wasn't moving otherwise.

Hermione looked at the cat in his arms, "She seems to be breathing fine, so shes probably just paralyzed."

This did not seem to comfort Flonch much, but he did stand, looking sadly at Mrs Nurrus.
"You lot will pay for this! This cat was my baby." Flonch sobbed. "Just wait till i get Dummydoor!" He yelled as he turned on his heel and hobbled away as fast as his bowleggedness could carry him.
"Dummydoor doesn't like you anyway!" Harry shouted after the janitor. Harry and Ron looked at eachother, silently asking if the other wanted to go to bed, and they turned to leave when Hermione stopped them.