Sue that mf

Ann never cried. She hated showing a weak side to people. She said "if I show my sadness or anger or quite frankly anything outside of positivity, I'll be criticized and taken advantage off."

I took that to heart.

So when my older sister showed up sobbing at my doorstep, I wasn't sure how to comfort her. I never had to comfort anyone, I was never comforted by anyone.

I took my sister's hand and walked her to the kitchen, sitting her down on the large kitchen counter. I took two wine glasses from the corner cupboard and red wine from a display.

I filled the glasses to the brim.

I gave her one which she slowly sipped on. I sat on the counter beside her and chugged mine.

"I'm pregnant."

Shock.

Disbelief.

Sadness.

All those emotions flashed in Ann's eyes.

No disappointment though.

I almost choke on my drink. I can't believe it. Ann always wanted to be a mother so I know for sure that her and Greg were active but to be pregnant at such an inconvenient time just seems like a punishment from hell.

We sat in silence for a minute.

"Are you keeping it." I ask the jackpot question. She sighs.

"Abortions create risks for future babies. You know me Lana. I've always wanted kids. She calmed down my now but her eyes are still watery.

I guess Ann is just like mama.

Daddy didn't hit mama. But he was worse. He made her hate herself. With every comment he made. With every remark. With all the judgement.

He was a good father.

When he chose to be.

He didn't choose that very often but me and my 4 siblings got a lot out of it.

I have three brothers. one of them is younger, he's the youngest. Two are older. Ann is in the middle of them.

"I'm calling in for work, I'm taking your case Ann. We're going to sue that mother fucker. Alright?" I knew that she loved Greg, the whole family did. But I love my sister more. I'll do anything for her.

"I'm thinking that it's going to be a divorce settlement. You're eligible for 80% of his properties, such as cars, or housing, and money. Depending on the extent and repetition of the abuse, he might be sent to prison if he doesn't settle. I'll do everything in my power. The case should be ready for a hearing in about 3 months. Are you ready for that Ann?" I always inform my clients of what they can get out of a deal. Even though we're related, as her lawyer, I must present her options.

"Yes." Is all she say, I think she wanted to protest but she knows not to argue with me. She won't win.

I finish my third glass, I take her almost full glass and chug it too, can't have a pregnant woman drinking.

"You know, with all that drinking that you're doing, you're starting to look like daddy." She stated. It wasn't an opinion. It was a fact that crashed onto me and weighed me down. I knew this. I always did. But I guess it was bound to happen.

After all I am my fathers daughter.

"With all your nagging, you're starting to sound like Mama." We both laughed at that, not hearing my phone going off. We're sisters that's what we do. We'd donate our kidneys to each other while laughing at it,

When I was 16, Ann just moved out, we had a bad fight, I hated her for leaving, even if our relationship wasn't the best, mama separated us and said, "You're sisters, fighting is pointless, y'all will be back to normal in no time, that's what it means for women to share blood."

I don't know about Ann,

But I took that to heart.

Facts

Ann was a super bitchy sister growing up, but in a sisterly way.

Lana decided that Ann will stay with her for a while.

All of Lana's family is still alive.

Ann was told that she had low chances of getting pregnant, she knows that if she gets an abortion, the small chances might disappear.

Lana had bad intuition about Greg, that's why the fight happened.