Negotiations

When we were kids, Ann was rebellious. She'd have dreams and ambitions, mama would beat her for some of those. We didn't have phones until I was 13 and she was 16 so we were oblivious to the 'real world'. They were pass me downs from my older brothers. But Ann was different. I would listen to my families stories, daddy's drunk advice, mama nagging about her family, grandpa's annoying business partners, my brothers' banter. Ann read. She would go to her school library. She would read action novels with women protagonists, romances that didn't reflect our parents love at all, the idea of soulmates. We shared a room together, I read some of them, I fell in love with the idea of someone special being created just for me. When Ann found out that I stole some of her novels, she laughed and pet my head, she told me, "You see little brat, It's obviously not real, love like that doesn't exist, but its a nice form of escapism."

I took that to heart.

Ann was right about a lot of things, she was the smart sister. I was the oblivious one. Because even to this day, I believe in soulmates. Not romantic, that's too much even for me, I'm still realistic, but platonic, yeah.

That would explain why the man who was a stranger to me just a few moths ago, is sitting in front of me right now, in a conference room.

I sigh and grab every one's attention. "ok everyone, let's begin."

"My client believes that the price that you set is 80% too high, our offer is 5.2 million euro."

"I agree." Ms. Byun smacks Sun-oh's head when he says that.

"Byun Sun-oh do not agree so quick, what is with you?" she yells.

She speaks up again. "Ms. Chevalier, you must understand that the price that you just stated is only 20% of what we originally wanted. It's not nearly close, why so low."

"No offence to Mr. Byun," Sunny nodded at me and smiled to continue "but his career just began, he may have gone pro, but Sun-oh is still an armature, we do acknowledge his skill, but the media would go crazy and all other players would demand the same treatment. It's possible that they would protest and not get along with your client if he gets special treatment." I could see the gears in her head turning, she understood. "The team is newly formed, what if we choose to send my client to a different team? you would loose a valuable asset."

I was prepared for that, I smile and begin again. "This is confidential information, so you will need to sign a contract to make sure that this information doesn't get out." my assistant, Kate, passes out two official papers to the mother and son, they sign.

"The team will be going on a tour around Europe in two years, they will get training camps with clubs, as well as national teams, this is a privilege that the team could only get because of they paied 607 million euros, so you can run to any other team, but this is the best deal that Sun-oh will get in his life."

She gulps.

"Final price is 7 million euro." she finally stated and released a sigh. I won.

Say hello to the new JR partner at the biggest law firm in france.

Facts.

Sun-oh was going to agree to whatever Lana said, he wanted her to get JR partner.

Ms. Byun is literally extremely beautiful, Sunny looks like her.

Ann is in the next chapter.

Lana is going to go with the Ross team for the "trip" because she was chosen as the official representative for the company.