Unexpected phone call

Mama was a social butterfly.

There were always people at the house.

I think that she felt lonely. Maybe scared. She would tell me, "I'm a host, I don't mind taking initiative to keep my friendships going, you should always be comfortable with people in your house. Always clean, don't leave the dishes early, makes sure there's no socks or underwear laying around."

I took that to heart.

People expect me to be busy. I am. Most of the time. But I do what my mama tells me. Even if I don't have visitors, I still should keep my house clean.

When Ann went to take a shower, I started cleaning the kitchen, washing the glasses, putting away the wine, wiping the counter. Everything I could to make the room shine.

When I finished, I allowed myself to check my phone.

One missed call from "Jean Sung"

2 unopened messages from Sunny ☀️

I call Jean first, he wouldn't call if it is t urgant.

He picks up in 4 rings.

"Hello Mr. Sung."

"Hello Ms. Chevalier. I was calling to let you know that the man's manager contacted me. He wants to do the negotiations tomorrow, said that the player need to start practicing with his teammates as soon as possible."

"I see, I can do tomorrow, I'm ready with my argument, please message me the coordinates for the meeting." He agreed and hung up.

I checked Sunny's messages next.

Hi Mila, I'm just wondering if you're going to come to the park today?

No pressure lol.

Sure I'll come around 3 or 4 am

I check the clock on my phone and see that it's 1am already.

I lazy around for a bit on my couch and see Ann walk out of the bathroom.

"Lana, you can shower next." I nod, I grab some outdoor clothing and go to the bathroom to wash up next. I do my skincare and blow dry my dyed red hair. I do some natural make up and dress in red sweatpants and a white off the shoulder long sleeve shirt. I end the outfit with a red hat. I should be fine without a jacket. Even though it's November, the weather is nice today, positive 10 degrees.

I snap a quick photo and post it to my Instagram story.

I walk out of the washroom and see Ann sitting on the sofa.

"Where are you going out at this time?" She raised an eyebrow at me. Ah, we don't communicate much. She doesn't know much about my life.

I respond with a simple answer. "My comfort space." She smiles at me. She recognizes the advice that she gave me. "Ok, bye Lana."

"Wait. Ann, will you be ok alone?" She nods and gestures with her hand for me to get out. Rude.

I walk towards the playground. It's only five minutes away. Today, I see some tourists walking around the city, admiring the famous city of love. I smile at the thought.

When I arrive, it's 3:30 and I see Sun-oh sitting on a swing. I walk towards the one next to him and sit down.

"Hi Mila."

"Hi Sunny" we smile at each other because we realize that we both missed one another.

"You look breathtaking, I missed you."

I took that to heart.

Facts.

Sun-oh didn't sleep because he's exited for the next day.

Some may be wondering how Lana is working but also goes out at night, she has insomnia. She thinks too much and it keeps her up. She still takes medicine to feel well rested and sleeps when she can.

Ann started stalking Lana's page and saw Sun-oh, she smiled at him because he gave off very sweet energy.