Chapter 6

So sorry to that one person in my comments 😅😅

Positive.

Chandler stared down at the test in disbelief. She didn't know what to do or what to say. There's no way she's pregnant. She can't be! Well, she obviously can be but now is not the right time. She'd been jobless for a month, and now the only job she had was a receptionist at a hair salon. "Okay, okay. Let's not freak out."

"Not freak out!" Chandler yelled, "That is a positive pregnancy test!! What am I going to do?!"

"We are going to get through this," Katie said, "Everything is going to be okay."

"You can only say that because you're not the one who's pregnant!" Chandler said, "I don't even know what to do!"

"Well first you need to make a doctor's appointment," Katie said, "Then I think you should tell the father...what was that guy's name?"

"No. Absolutely not!" Chandler said.

"You have to make an appointment Chandler," Katie said, "You need to see how far along you are."

"I'm not talking about making an appointment," Chandler said, "I can't tell Joe!"

"Why not? He's the father, isn't he?" Katie asked.

"Of course he is. I haven't had sex with anyone else since," Chandler said, "And unless I'm 6 months along...he's the only option!"

"Well then he deserves to know," Katie said.

"I can't tell him! We both promised that it would be a one-time thing and we'd never see each other again."

"Well that was before you found out you're pregnant," Katie said.

"No. I can't tell him!" Chandler said walking out of the bathroom.

"Chandler!" Katie's yelled following her friend, "You can't just not tell the man he has a child in this world. That baby is half his. He deserves to know!" Chandler leaned with her elbows on the counter. She ran her hands stressfully through her hair. Katie was right...but she didn't want to admit that.

"How about I think about it," Chandler said.

"You'll think about it?" Katie
asked.

"Yeah. I'll make an appointment, make sure there's actually a baby inside of me and then I'll decide."

"But you're gonna decide to tell him if there's actually a baby right?" Katie asked.

"I can't promise that," Chandler said.

"Chandler you can't do that! I'm pretty sure it's like illegal!"

"I doubt it's illegal," Chandler scoffed.

"Regardless. It's morally wrong and you know it," Katie said.

"What if it's morally wrong to tell him? What if he's like a serial killer or something?"

"A serial killer?" Katie laughed, "I'm pretty sure if that man was a serial killer you wouldn't be here right now."

"I don't even know him! Or anything about him," Chandler said, "I don't even have his phone number. There's no way I could get ahold of him to tell him anyway."

"Umm did you not go back to his place that night?" Katie said, "You know where he lives."

"It was dark. I don't remember," Chandler lied.

"How did you get home the next day?" Chandler stared at her friend not wanting to answer. "Because if you took an Uber then you have his address."

"He drove me home," Chandler mumbled.

"He drove you home?" Katie asked," So you let a guy that might be a serial killer drive you home?"

"I know he's not a serial killer, okay?" Chandler said, "I just said that."

"Well if he drove you home then you should know how to get to his house," Katie said.

"What if I don't want to get to his house?" Chandler asked.

"Why don't you want to tell him?" Katie asked, "From everything you've said he sounds like a good guy."

"What if he doesn't want the baby?" Chandler yelled as tears fell down her face, "What if I tell him and he wants nothing to do with it? I would rather him just not know than to face rejection."

"How do you even know he'd reject you?" Katie asked.

"I don't but...what if he does?" Chandler asked, "He made it clear he wasn't interested in any kind of relationship. Do you really think he's going to want a baby?"

"Well a baby is a little different than a relationship," Katie said, "You need to do what's right and tell him."

"And what if he wants nothing to do with it?" Chandler asked.

"Then you just go on living your life," Katie said pulling Chandler into a side hug, "You will be a great mother to an awesome baby. And that baby will have an even more awesome Aunt." Chandler couldn't help but laugh at the comment.

"I'm just scared," Chandler said leaning her head on her friend's shoulder, "I'm not ready to be a mom."

"You're gonna be a kick-ass mom," Katie said, "I wouldn't lie to you about that."

"At least I have a job now," Chandler said, "I am going to wait to tell Joe until after I go to the doctor. I don't want to tell him I'm pregnant when I'm not actually."

"I'll support you either way," Katie said, "But I do think you should tell him."

"I will. I just need to do it on my own time..."