Chapter 13

Chandler sat silently in the passenger seat of Joe's car. She was incredibly nervous to meet his parents. It didn't help that she'd been sitting in this car for almost 2 hours. "Are you all right?" Joe asked looking over at the girl.

"Yeah just a little nervous," Chandler said.

"You shouldn't be nervous," Joe said, "My parents are going to love you."

"Really?" Chandler said.

"Yes. Especially my mom," Joe said.

"I'm just worried how they're going to feel about this situation," Chandler said.

"What do you mean?" Joe asked.

"Well we're having a baby and we're not in a relationship," Chandler said, "We barely even know each other."

"They don't care about that," Joe assured. He placed his hand on top of hers which was placed on top of her belly. "They're going to love you no matter what. Plus you're having their grand baby."

"You're right," Chandler said, "I shouldn't be nervous."

"We're here," Joe said pulling into the driveway and parking his car, "You ready?"

"Yup," Chandler smiled.

"I'll get your door," Joe said hopping out of the car and running around to the passenger side. Chandler couldn't help but laugh to herself.

"Are you sure I'm dressed fine?" Chandler asked. She looked down at her body con dress that showed off her bump. She had cropped a sweater over the top because of the cold November air.

"You look beautiful," Joe said. Chandler smiled at him as the two walked to the door, "We're here!"

"We're in the kitchen," Joe's mom called. Chandler took a deep breath before following Joe into the kitchen.

"Hey, Mom," Joe said hugging his mother.

"How are you," his mom asked.

"I'm good," Joe said pulling away from the hug.

"This must be Chandler," Joe's mom said pulling the girl into a hug, "I'm Robin. It's so nice to finally meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too," Chandler smiled.

"Oh and I can't forget my future grandbaby," Robin said touching her belly, "He or she is already so loved."

"There's my boy!" Joe's dad said walking into the kitchen.

"Hey, Dad," Joe said hugging him.

"This must be the beautiful lady you've been telling me about," Joe's dad said looking at Chandler. He opened his arms for a hug and she accepted. This family was very huggie...not something she was used to. "I'm Jim."

"It's nice to finally meet you," Chandler said.

"You as well," Jim said, "I've heard a lot about you."

"Really?" Chandler asked.

"Oh yes. Joey talks about you and the baby all the time," Robin said.

"Hmm. I didn't know that," Chandler said looking at Joe who was blushing.

"I don't talk about Chandler all the time," Joe said.

"Sure honey," Robin said patting her son's arm.

"So when do we get to find out what the little bean is?" Robin asked. Joe looked at Chandler asking if it was okay. She smiled and slightly nodded her head.

"We actually found out this morning," Joe said.

"Really?" Robin asked.

"Well go on, tell us," Jim said.