Chapter 19

"Don't make plans tonight," Joe said sticking his head into Chandler's room.

"Okay..."

"I'll be back at 5," Joe said, "Be ready. Dress nice."

"Will do," Chandler smiled. She heard the door shut and immediately pulled out her phone. She pulled up Katie's contact and called her.

"Hello?" Katie asked.

"Katie! SOS!" Chandler yelled.

"You're going into labor?" Katie asked.

"What? No!" Chandler said, "I'm not due for like another two months."

"Then what's your SOS?" Katie asked.

"Joe just told me that he'd be back at 5 and that I needed to dress nice," Chandler said.

"Oh my gosh!" Katie said, "So he's taking you on a date?"

"I guess so," Chandler said.

"That's great! That's like the next step before a relationship," Katie said.

"Well I don't know if that's going to happen," Chandler said.

"Oh come on. You said he kissed you the other day," Katie said, "I think that means he likes you."

"It was one kiss," Chandler said, "I don't think that means he wants to date me."

"Oh please. He so wants to date you," Katie said.

"Maybe. I mainly called because I have no idea what to wear!" Chandler said.

"For sure wear that long sleeve backless dress that you own!" Katie said, "You look so hot in that dress Joe will have to ask you out."

"Are you sure it won't be too cold?" Chandler asked.

"Too cold so that Joe as to offer you his jacket?" Katie asked, "Wear the damn dress."

"This is exactly why I called you. I'll let you know how it goes," Chandler said hanging up the phone. She only had four hours to shower, shave her whole, body, put on makeup, and do her hair. Being 33 weeks pregnant made things take twice as long as they had before.

••••

Chandler looked at herself in the mirror one last time as she heard the front door open. She walked out of her room to see Joe standing there in a suit and tie. Joe looked up and smiled as he saw the girl in front of him. "Wow, you look...beautiful."

"Thank you," Chandler smiled, "You look nice too."

"Are you ready to go?" Joe asked.

"Yes," Chandler smiled.

"Follow me then," Joe said opening the house door. They both walked to the car and Joe drove them to the restaurant.

They pulled up to a restaurant that had just opened up. She looked around noticing no cars in the parking lot. "I've heard great things about this place."

"So have I," Joe said, "That's exactly why I wanted to bring you here." Joe got out of the car and opened Chandler's door for her.

"Thank you," Chandler said grabbing Joe's hand that he held out. When they got inside Chandler noticed that there was no one in the restaurant. "Why is no one here?"

"Surprise," Joe said, "I rented out the whole restaurant so that we could have a peaceful dinner."

"You did that for me?" Chandler asked.

"Well I know you've never complained about it but I know how annoying it can be when people come up and bother us while we're trying to eat," Joe said, "I just wanted to give you a dinner where it could be just us."

"Joe this must have cost you a lot of money," Chandler said looking around.

"Don't worry about that," Joe said, "I wanted to give you a nice dinner."

"Well thank you," Chandler said. Joe led them over to a table that had a candle on it.

"I had to order ahead of time," Joe said, "I got us both the steak, I hope you don't mind."

"I love steak," Chandler said, "And so does the baby."

"Great," Joe smiled as a waiter walked out of the back.

"Hello. My name is Kiersten," the young girl said, "I'll be your waitress for this evening. Why don't we start with some drinks."

"I'll just have a water," Chandler said.

"Me too."

"Prefect. I'll get those right out," Kiersten said, "Your food should be ready soon."

"Seriously thank you for all of this," Chandler said to Joe.

"It's really nothing," Joe said, "I wanted us to have a nice dinner before the baby gets here. When she gets here we'll be up to our necks in bottles and diapers."

"She'll be here sooner than we think," Chandler said putting her hands on her stomach.

"Here are your waters," Kiersten said, "And your food."

"Thank you," Joe said.

"It smells delicious," Chandler said.

"Please let me know if you guys need anything else," Kiersten said.

"We will," Joe said. Chandler cut into her steak and took a bite.

"Wow. I can see why people say this place is great" she said, "This is the best steak I've ever had."

"It really is," Joe agreed, "So have you been thinking of names?"

"A little," Chandler said, "Have you?"

"Here and there," Joe said, "Are there any in particular that you like?"

"Well I like the name, Daisy," Chandler said.

"That name's nice," Joe said.

"Do you have any suggestions?"

"What about Bridget?" Joe asked.

"I really like that name," Chandler said.

"Really?" Joe asked.

"Yeah. It's really pretty," Chandler said, "Now we just need a middle name."

"How about you pick the middle name," Joe suggested.

"Sure," Chandler said, "But I get to keep it a surprise until she's born."

"Deal," Joe said, "So I didn't just bring you here tonight because I wanted to have dinner before the baby got here."

"What was your other reason?" Chandler asked. Joe sat down his fork as he grabbed Chandler's hand. He had never been this nervous in his life.

"Chandler I know our relationship started in not the most conventional way. That night that we spent together was one of the best nights I've had in a long time. I know we made promises to one another that night to never see each other again," Joe said, "I have never been so grateful for a promise to be broken. Now not only do I have a wonderful girl in my life but she's going to give me my wonderful daughter." Tears started to form in Chandler's eyes as Joe spoke. "I am so glad that we're going to be raising our daughter together under the same roof. I brought you here tonight because I wanted to ask you something."

"Yes?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Joe asked.

"Of course, I will," Chandler said. They both stood from their seats as Joe pulled her into a kiss.