Chapter 3

Thank you for reading enjoy

Chapter 3

Mia

It has always surprised me how people who are used to being in the spotlight, who love being the center of attention, don't really pay attention to their surroundings. They are so focused on themselves that they see nothing else.

I guess that's my job. I've been a wallflower as far back as I remember. I sit quietly in the shadows and observe everything around me. Sometimes I even make up stories about those people just to entertain myself.

I even once made up a story between me and Cole. It was silly really. I know it's never going to happen. He barely notices I'm in the room when he's talking to me. A romance with him is pure fantasy on my part.

He's out of my league.

The family gathered around Mrs. Bradford and celebrated her win the other night. The whole town and plenty of media were here cheering her on. I believe she will help heal this town from all the terrible things that have happened lately.

I hope she can anyway.

Today I'm spending my day in the flower shop. I gave Todd the day off to get my inventory done and clean up the back room. As much as I appreciate Todd's help, he doesn't understand how to keep the back room clean.

Working my way around the room, I clean up the work stations, wiping down tables and washing the glass fronts of the refrigerators. Collecting the cuttings for my compost bin, I bag it up and leave it by the back door to take home with me at the end of the day.

I have music softly playing in the back so I can hear if any customers come in and get to work on some new bouquets. Lost in my work I don't hear the bell ring on the door.

It's not until I hear the crash do I realize that someone else is here. Rushing out to the main floor, I'm shocked to see the vases of roses in my front refrigerator shattered all over the floor. Glass is everywhere.

"Oh God!" Covering my mouth with my hands I can only stand frozen staring at the mess. Who would do this?

I don't have many friends. None really. The closest thing I have is Quinn, Brynn and Aubrey. Even then they are more acquaintances at best. I don't know anyone who dislikes me. Maybe Lindsey Markham but she's dead now so I can't say that she did this.

"Good morning, Mia! Sugar, I know you... what in the world? What happened?" Georgia stood just inside the door scanning the remnants of what was several crystal vases and multi colored roses.

"I don't know exactly." Helplessly, I shrug my shoulders and reach down to start cleaning up the mess.

"No! No, sugar! You'll cut your hands doing that." Georgia gripped me by the elbow and pulled me back. "Have you taken pictures of this?"

I hadn't thought of doing that. "N..No. I just..."

"That's okay. I'll do that. You go into the back and call Beckett. Tell him and the boys to come over immediately. After you call them you wait ten minutes then you call Charlie. Give the boys a head start to get here. Understand?" Georgia instructed me.

Barely understanding why, I nodded, slowly my eyes drifting back to the mess on the floor. That's when I spotted it. On the floor under the broken glass was an envelope with my name on it.

Frowning, I leaned down and reached for it but once again Georgia stopped me. "Wait!"

She pulled me back and began snapping pictures with her phone. Multiple pictures of every angle throughout the store even where there was no visible damage done. She covered everything.