Chapter 19

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 19

Cole

I flew in the helicopter with Mia to the hospital. Ethan and the others will meet us there. She wouldn't wake up. She looked like she had been through hell and she wouldn't wake up. The cut on her head was bad and she was so banged and bruised that I knew it wasn't just from the storm. Something worse happened.

Pacing the hallway outside of her room, all we could do was wait for the doctor to tell us how bad it really was. Ethan, Leo, Brynn and Aubrey dropped off the dogs at the Inn before coming to the hospital. By the time they got there, the doctor was already in with Mia.

"Any news?" Ethan asked as they rushed to me.

"No, I'm still waiting for him to come out. She didn't wake up. The entire time she was out. Ethan, Lindsey did something to her. I know it," I spoke quietly, knowing the walls have ears around here.

"Lindsey's in custody and being charged with assault, kidnapping, murder since she admitted to Blake and Jake that she killed her family. She isn't getting away again," Leo informed us when he got off the phone.

"She's crazy. She's not stupid. She's going to use the crazy to get out of jail," Ethan spoke the truth about it. Lindsey can and will stay out of prison because of the crazy.

"She's going to be put in a mental institution and she won't be getting out," Leo assured us. "We're going to make sure of that. I won't let her go free. If she ever gets released, I'll kill her myself."

"I'll dig the grave," Ethan agreed.

"From what Beckett said, Blake is pressing charges. The California police are taking action against her. She's not coming back to Moss Bluff. Beckett said Blake and Matt pulled some strings to keep her there," Aubrey filled us in on what she knew.

"How did she overpower Blake? The guy is huge!" Brynn asked, curious how Lindsey managed that.

"Beckett said she knocked Blake out on the plane. She said she had to use the bathroom and while she was in there, she got her hands on a wrench and hit him over the head. She had stolen Charlie's handcuffs and cuffed him."

"He's never going to live that down," Ethan chuckles, finding the humor in the situation.

"Beckett said Blake is keeping the cuffs for Emma," Aubrey grins at Brynn, both of them thinking the same thing.

"But they aren't the fuzzy kind. Those are more comfortable for the bedroom," Brynn replies, winking at Ethan.

"Can we just focus on why we're here, please!" I can't believe them! It is as if they think everything is back to normal. "There's still a person who isn't out of the woods yet!"

Brynn puts her arm around me and gives me a hug. Aubrey comes to my other side and does the same. The girls understand. "We know that, Cole. And we aren't leaving until Mia is better. There's not much we can do for her right now. We just have to wait and hope that she will pull through this."

It took an hour before we got word that Mia was going into surgery. She had internal bleeding and they had to go in to stop it. She was still unconscious and there was nothing we could do but wait.

Settling into our chairs in the waiting room, we waited. Hours passed, the staff changed shifts and we continued to wait. I paced the floor, harassed the nurses for information on Mia and waited.

Patience is no longer one of my attributes.

Beckett arrived with Georgia and Quinn to let us know that the community was helping each other out. Georgia had everything under control at the Inn, Jim had the babies and we would get through this together as a family. I never really felt like her family until today.