Chapter 17

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 17

Beckett

I can't believe the way my life has changed in two years. A wife, a baby and I'm officially a Bradford and dealing with the Bradford drama just like the rest of the family. Who'd have thought!

Matt was the one who convinced me to get my pilot license. He made a good point. The family is spreading out and there are times, too many if you ask me, that we have to go here or there because of the family.

Actually what he said was, "Beck, you want to be there for Georgia if she needs you. She isn't getting any younger and the time is going to come when that call for the family will happen."

I didn't want to think about that. I didn't even want to consider a time where Georgia wouldn't be around. But damn it, Matt made his point loud and clear. I don't want to be the one who isn't there for her.

So here we are, flying over Arizona trying to get to California in time to save Blake's ass. There was a time when I would have let him swing in the breeze by his balls. Not anymore. I guess I owe that to Georgia too.

She gave me the family I never had and always wanted. And because of her I have Aubrey and Chance. I owe Georgia everything. I won't let her down now.

"You're quiet!" Matt yells over the noise. "Want to take the stick?"

"Nah, just thinking," I found that flying gives me the peace to actually do that up here.

"He'll be fine. Blake can talk a nun out of the convent and have her ready to bang him in an hour. Lindsey won't take that long. He can handle her just like he handles his crazy fans. He'll be fine," Matt repeated himself and I realized he wasn't saying that for my benefit but for his own.

"You know he has a better chance than anyone else with Lindsey. He dealt with Courtney, remember? And that other chick ... What was her name?" I got Matt's mind on what Blake has beaten and won.

"Taylor ... Taylor Gifford. And yeah, he managed himself," Matt sounds worried still.

"All we can do is get there in time, Matt. Blake knows how to stall," I remind him. Blake is good at talking himself out of problems. This is just one more.

Before Matt could say anything else, my phone rang with Aubrey calling us with an update. At least this time we got some good news for a change.

"Georgia has Charlie in custody. She's turning him over to the state police. Beck, we think Markham has a judge on his side," Aubrey broke the news. Okay, maybe not all good news.

But it's not that surprising either. We knew Markham had to have more than just Charlie in his pocket to get away with everything he's done and kept Lindsey out of trouble. We just didn't know who.

"Ma will fix that. So will Wells, don't worry, baby. I bet you a hot night in the jacuzzi that Ma is working on it right now. They are finished this time. How are you and the baby doing?" I can't help but worry about them.

"We're good. I'll take you up on that jacuzzi night as soon as you get home. Quinn and Jim have the kids with them and Georgia at the Inn. They've got a disaster relief team started and people are coming in to help out. A lot of people have roof damage and flooding, it's a mess." Aubrey sounds as exhausted as I feel.

"We'll get everyone fixed up. The boys and I will get out there and get everyone taken care of. Any sign of Mia yet?" I hate to ask but I know it's what she's working on.

"It's a mess out here, Beck. I've never seen this much damage before. I don't even know where to start looking for her," Aubrey's voice got quiet as she didn't want anyone else to hear her. Cole, he's with them. She doesn't want him to hear her. "If she got swept away by the water ... "