NO HARD FEELINGS (it was hard)

I walked briskly to Tigris' place, the weight of my conversation with my parents heavy on my mind. As I entered her apartment, I found her surrounded by fabric swatches and fashion sketches.

"Cordelia, what's up?" Tigris looked up from her work, a warm smile on her face.

"Hi, Tig. What are you up to?" I ask looking at her.

"Just some last minute things" she says putting her stuff aside. "Do we need to talk?"

Taking a deep breath, I began, "Tigris, I've just had a crucial talk with my parents, and I've decided to expand Vendetta into District 12."

Her eyes widened, "District 12? Cordelia, that's... unexpected. What's the plan?"

"We need to produce protective gear for the coal company workers," I explained, watching her reaction closely. "Eventually expand."

Tigris frowned, her enthusiasm fading. "Protective gear? Cordelia, I thought we were focusing on fashion, not industrial gear."

I sighed, realizing the clash of visions. "Tigris, this is a significant opportunity. It's a strategic move to make Vendetta more versatile."

She shook her head, frustration evident in her voice, "But our focus is on fashion, not industrial contracts!"

The tension escalated, and soon we found ourselves in the midst of a heated argument. "Tigris, this is necessary for the growth of Vendetta. We can't limit ourselves to just one niche," I argued.

"You're just being controlling, Cordelia! This is not what we started for," Tigris shot back, her eyes ablaze.

Defending my position, I retorted, "I've been handling the major work for Vendetta. Sometimes tough decisions are needed for the greater good."

"So this? Is this the greater good?" She said sarcastically. "I'm sorry, no, I'm not on board."

"Trends come and go. This will ensure Vendetta is not only set for longevity but also productivity," I stated, attempting to reason with her.

"By profiting off of people in the districts?" She retorted. "Vendetta isn't a tacky brand; we're making our name. We can't just... it's not what we stand for."

"I'm just trying to run a business here," I said with a firm tone.

"This isn't a business..."

"Will you let me speak?" I yelled, hating that she was interrupting me. "While you're playing princess in here, I bust my ass making sure we invest correctly, landing us deals, and getting us somewhere."

"I got us the boutique, and I secured the interview deal with Lucky. And while you left on the first day of launch, I stayed," I said, frustrated. "So yeah, go ahead, say I'm destroying Vendetta all you want, but I've built it from the ground up."

Silence filled the room. "Get out."

"So it's like that?" I asked, growing even more angry. "Fine, I'll leave you to it."

I grabbed my bag and slammed the door on my way out of the penthouse, the weight of the argument lingering in the air.

Chapter 8: Fragments

The weight of the argument with Tigris still heavy on my shoulders, I arrived home, the familiar surroundings offering little comfort. Determined to distract myself, I headed to my room and began sifting through the files on my desk.

My fingers trembled as I opened the contract I had sent to my father for his signature. Each word blurred through the haze of my emotions. The paper held the weight of a decision that felt like it was tearing me apart.