IF THERE'S A WILL

The train grinds to a halt in the Capitol, signaling the end of my journey from District 12. Having left in the early morning, the trip was uneventful, allowing my mind to wander through the labyrinth of thoughts.

As the Capitol reveals itself, I reflect on the insanity that has gripped Coriolanus. I question what drew me to him in the first place, finding a lingering connection despite the changes.

Coriolanus has transformed, but not in the way I anticipated. Lucy's mention of the Covey in the Zoo painted a picture of warmth and sunshine. When Coriolanus decided to pursue Lucy, I envisioned a man turned warm and kindred. However, the reality was a stark contrast – he had become cold, akin to snow, a blizzard of emotions.

As I step off the train, the Capitol looms ahead, a place that holds both allure and trepidation. The juxtaposition of my memories and the present reality intensifies the uncertainty of what lies ahead.

————

The days turned into weeks and eventually months. But after working my ass off all the time it was starting to pay off. Tigris and I were talking more often but we weren't as close as before.

I personally found myself caught in a whirlwind of thoughts about Coriolanus for the past week. The situation was complicated, and I felt the need to talk to someone. Despite our recent disagreements, I decided to confide in Tigris. Sitting down with her, I hesitated before broaching the subject.

"I've been dealing with some feelings," I admitted vaguely.

Tigris raised an eyebrow, her curiosity piqued. "Feelings? About what?"

"It's complicated," I sighed. "But it involves Coriolanus."

Her eyes widened in surprise. "Coriolanus? What's going on?"

I spared her the intricate details but confessed, "I think I have feelings for him."

Tigris considered my words carefully. "Well, that's unexpected. What are you planning to do about it?"

"I don't know," I admitted. "But I needed to talk to someone. I feel conflicted."

Tigris leaned back, offering her advice. "Maybe you should try dating someone else. Keep your options open, Cordelia. You never know what might happen."

I nodded, appreciating her perspective, even if the situation remained complex and uncertain.

Feeling a bit awkward after our conversation, I decided to address the elephant in the room. "Tigris, I'm sorry for not consulting with you about the industrial production decision. It wasn't my intention to sideline you."

Tigris looked at me with a reassuring smile. "It's alright, Cordelia. We both make decisions for the business, and I trust your judgment. Let's put it aside and focus on our friendship and making Vendetta even more successful."

Her understanding response eased the tension, and we moved forward, determined to strengthen both our business and our bond.

"We have a runway to focus on" I mention with a smile. "I heard from Philly, she's attending and so is Fabricia. Lucky for us Vendetta has been pretty popular so we secure a spot"

"This collection is the most time consuming project ever," Tigris says tiredly. "I don't ever want to see Silk ever again."

"That and Mesh" I add. "Which by the way, has given me so many needle injures on my fingers"

"I think I lost feeling," Tigris adds.

"Fair enough," I say. I hadn't told Tigris about Coriolanus fleeing with Lucy. He was probably living out his best life.

Tigris had hope but like all hope, it'll die eventually or not. Either way, she'd continue her life journey without him.

"I'm going to head home," I say with a grin. "Stay safe alright?"

"Of course," she says with a smile. With  that I make my way outside and walk a little further down to my new apartment. I moved out of my parents place after coming back from District 12.

It wasn't as luxurious as my home but it had a nice fireplace and the windows were large with a a beautiful view.

I had made hot chocolate and say near the warmth of the bright embers of the fireplace. It had been one of the many times, I felt at peace. Vendetta had become a nightmare to handle. Most of the time, Tigris was designing and I was handling the business side of things.

So while I had been wanting to design, much of my time was being consumed by everything else. From phone calls left and right to even interviews hosted by Lucky. I had been utterly exhausted and booked.

So to my surprise, Dr. Gaul had called earlier today. She asked me to come by her office when I could. I mentioned that my schedule was looking very, full at the moment. Of course she didn't let it go and insisted I should come by.

I never liked Gaul, she was always a strange woman and extremely cruel. When I left the academy all I wanted was to forget her and move on with my life. Clearly, she thinks she's entitled to some of my success.

I decided to take rest and focus on the show tomorrow. If I had time afterwards I would go to the academy. It couldn't hurt going for publicity the more I thought about it.

—————

Mornings were never my strong suit and unfortunately today was no exception. I woke up at 8 am and took a shower and got ready for the day.

Tigris called me earlier and mentioned she didn't need any help at the moment. So after much consideration, I found myself in front of the academy. I was being taken back to those awful days where acne and pants worn with skirts were my life. If I ever had to wear that outfit again, kindly shoot me.

Going up the steps to the office, I knocked on the bloody door. Gauls assistant let me in with one glance.

"Cordelia, I'm glad you've made the right choice." She says with a wicked smile. She comes down from her crazy little experiment.

"That is to be determined." I say in a bored tone.

"Honesty." She points to me. "Always has been your strong suit."

"Why are we meeting?" I ask ignoring her compliment.

"Right well, you seem to be great putting on...shows. I'd like you to give a speech at our next Reaping ceremony." She says with a grin. "I look forward to seeing the show tonight."

"No, thank you." I say with a flat smile.

"I thought you'd say that. And so my second surprise." She says and points to her assistant to do something.

Gaul comes close to me grabbing my shoulders. She shifts me towards the doors. "From what I understand, you are close someone from the District. Perhaps he'll change your mind,"

"Dr. Gaul, I'm flattered. But, I don't see why I should invest in this" I say genuinely. The hunger games were dying off and perhaps it was for the better.

The doors open and Coriolanus waltz through the door. As soon as my eyes lock with his my jaw is on the floor.

This man was like a cockroach that never dies. He always came back.

"I'll leave you, Mister Snow you have the day." Gaul says with a grin. She walks away as I stand there looking at Coryo.

He comes closer to me and his eyes wanted my figure. Finally landing on my face, "You cut your hair."

"It was getting long and I'm bringing back Chic Bobs" I say quietly. He grins and pulls me into his arms.

"I missed you,"